Registered
8,804 Posts
GOOD!!!

what spec?

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Good stuff mate.

The Torque really stops quite quickly and tails off?

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering the low torque numbers most GTR's get barring the RB30s, 616lbft on pump fuel at 4500rpm, over 550lbft even at 7000rpm, and still 500lbft at peak power, is quite awesome.

Unless you have seen some RB26/7/8 graphs on pump or race fuel I havent?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Considering the low torque numbers most GTR's get barring the RB30s, 616lbft on pump fuel at 4500rpm, over 550lbft even at 7000rpm, and still 500lbft at peak power, is quite awesome.

Unless you have seen some RB26/7/8 graphs on pump or race fuel I havent?
it's not awesome, it's insane! What I wouldn't give to make that kind of torque...when the boost kicks in, the car must smack you like getting hit by a truck!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
It's very good mate dont get me wrong and incredable work:) just seems that the it stop porducing torque early?

This is my torque graph and it would keep going if the boost kept rising to say 1.6 bar but this is only at 1.4 bar. This is at the hubs

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's very good mate dont get me wrong and incredable work:) just seems that the it stop porducing torque early?
Why do you say it stops producing torque early? It's still producing about 470lbft at 8000rpm:confused: and it starts at 4500rpm with over 600lbft. Your torque has been and gone in 1000rpm and then starts to drop like a stone. You need more rpm or a hell of a gearbox to not drop out of the power band everytime you change gear.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I guess its because it produces it so early that the graph is stretched out and there are almost right angles it the line. I see what your saying about mine but that is in stock cams and producing its torque really late. Just looks strange thats all. I'm not a expert and dont want any debates just saying what i think.

So is that graph from the cossie engine then? That is crazy if so? :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
hearing there is a bit of a challange between this car and the lemon

If it is the said Ford cossie then yes they will be going head to head at Fighting torque over a mile. Mick managed 202 mph last year but seems to have fitted bigger turbos this year and altered the diff ratio's again.
I wont be able to attend as the Brands Hatch round of Time Attack is on the same day :mad:

Any ways good luck Mick kick his ass , oh and Steven I think the Cossie might need a bit more than 730 bhp

Smokey :smokin:

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
hearing there is a bit of a challange between this car and the lemon
Well its a race to a mile on the 10th of August. A demo race for Toyo Tyres.

The Lemon now has a Dry sump and bigger turbos and running gas.

But i will not run the gas against Rod in his cossie its not fair.

The event is called Fighting Torque.

I will do a run at the end of the day on full power and full gas, See what she does.

His car is Awesome and will be very hard to beat.

But i am looking forward to the challenge.

Mick

1 - 20 of 82 Posts