GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Another chart to add to the fun

Mapping finished yesterday...figures at the rear wheels on a dynojet rolling road

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Harry, you are a fruit cake short of a full flock of sheep! :bowdown1:

Why did it stop at 6k, is that peak safe revs? Torque wasn't dropping off so it would have kept pulling. Is that with 'just' turbo's or have you gone new cams, plenums etc.?

With this power what is the expected life of the gearbox........... :bawling:

Would you get the engine in an R32! :eek:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Harry, you are a fruit cake short of a full flock of sheep! :bowdown1:

Why did it stop at 6k, is that peak safe revs? Torque wasn't dropping off so it would have kept pulling. Is that with 'just' turbo's or have you gone new cams, plenums etc.?

With this power what is the expected life of the gearbox........... :bawling:

Would you get the engine in an R32! :eek:
It will happily pull 6500 all day, and this motor shoudl pull 7000. At 11psi theres wasnt much point pulling past 6000 as it had reached peak power earlier.

Whats more interesting is that torque looks like it would have climbed harder from 4500 if we let boost climb.

Those turbos are rated to 550bhp each and should run to 20psi easy.

The build was extensive, theres not much original left on the enginbe bar the ancilliaries. Its a work of art....

Still running the stock gearbox and diff for the time being. I have a replacement diff to go in and were working on a gearbox. We're being gentle kind with the current gearbox.....

Others have put LS engine in a GTR - theres was a thread on here somewhere. Someone did it for a drfit car.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Has it ripped the car in half yet? ;)

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
Interesting point there paul. I know bugger all about engine dynos so ill take your word for that.

How come all the dyno graghs are curved, expect the 2l engine one?

Was it drawn with a rule?
I dont know, ring up Norris Designs with your usual pathetic snidey comments, its his dyno.

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Regarding Robbie and Pauls comments, which seemed valid to me, here is a reply from someone who was there on the day...

it was revving up quickly through the rev range and making boost as it went, Id say in fact that on most of the runs the revs were going up QUICKER than they would in 4th or 5th gear.

The thing they seemed to have missed somewhat though, is that if you are in a high gear and off boost, the revs wont rise anyway, as its got not torque till its on boost, lol

In this instance the dyno wasnt holding back, particularly on the run where we did the power curve, the whole run took only a few seconds.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
When i used to do Engine dyno work, it would take a measurement at certain set points and then draw a straight line inbetween them markers.
Every 500rpm for example.

IT is not unusual to see high torque figures on an engine dyno.

Not to say Rods are untrue in any way, but if you hold a car WOT at a set rpm for a bit longer you will see a torque increase. I'd say an engine dyno is more for what is capable of than what it would actually see on the floor.

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
i want to know the answer from someone who knows the truth, ie mark or rod or whoever, what you expect?
Just seen this thread. Didnt go back to Dyno for Fighting Torque, sorted the problems first & will be back in October.

More from this engine next time, just like to say no boost levels held etc. just a pull on the handle, over in a couple of secs.

Hopeing for as much as 770bhp on pump & 820 on 109, wont use 120 this time as we will limit ign to 19 deg, have seen 24 on 120 without det but cylinder pressures are way too high. This is a development engine that has hopefully now been sorted.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I'm glad to see this car gets the recognition it deserves on here rather than the bickering and disbelievers on PF.

Hats off you

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
After abit of looking around finally found this thread
I now own this car after rod the previous owner passed away, still same yb engine but on new build with an efr 9180 turbo
Tuned on pump fuel v power to 2.7 bar for 768 hp 600 ftlb
Dyno is motorworx dyno dynamics
Thought anyone who was reading this thread originally might like an update on the car 12 years later

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
Was the PO the thread starter?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Lol you seem to pick up all the old ‘internet famous’ cars! Good on ya
It's a car I aspired to for many years and when it came up for sale I had to have it 😁
Can't beat abit of reliving youth

I was finished but mad are now going to fit a smaller turbine housing as we believe it will not loose any power but will spool a good bit quicker

Reactions: MIKEGTR
61 - 80 of 82 Posts