GTR Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I've used my current dyno plot and overlayed a similar spec engine except it has 150cc less capacity than mine and it has the smaller exhaust housing on

My current tune is red plot, comparison car is black plot, and looking at my gains off boost due to extra capacity I've put in a theoretical prediction green plot of where I believe we will gain some spool

We have equal power at 7600 rpm and beyond which tells me the smaller housing isn't a restriction at all as the higher the rpms get the more a restriction will become apparent in power loss

If my predictions are correct we will get good gains to the left with no losses to the right, fingers crossed lol 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Turbo shaft speed is monitored and it will be tuned again to the max turbine speed of 116000 rpm for a like for like comparison, an efr 9180 turbo back to back testing flat out on a 1.45 and a 1.05 ar housings

·
Registered
3,502 Posts

Final tune has been done on smaller housing 2.7 bar of boost on a smaller 1.05 turbine housing v power fuel
A good gain in response for minimal hp losses up top

Boost at 4200 rpm has gone from 0.5 bar upto 1 bar, boost at 5400 rpm was 1.6 bar we now have 2.1 bar by 4700 rpm
All testing in 3rd gear

81 - 82 of 82 Posts