• Banged up with Mr Big.

Votes: 32 23.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dickhead at work was photographed a couple of weeks back doing 78mph in a 30 zone (village).
What do you think he`ll get when he goes to court.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
doing a speed that would get you a ticket on the MOTORWAY through a residential area is just f**king disgusting. He doesn't deserve a license, or a car. Idiot.

S

·
0 Posts
78 in a 30 - in a village?
I live in a village and whilst my kids are educated enough to not be playing around on the road, I'd say people who speed like that are as dangerous as drunk drivers and paedophiles.
Shoot the fcuker I say.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I agree with the above.. I reckon 1 year, maybe less if the old plea bargain "need car for work" occurs.

Doing double the speed limit doesn't always guarantee a ban, but in a 30 they're gonna come down on him like a tonne of bricks, and rightly so.

·
Registered
519 Posts
senna said:
78 in a 30 - in a village?
I live in a village and whilst my kids are educated enough to not be playing around on the road, I'd say people who speed like that are as dangerous as drunk drivers and paedophiles.
Shoot the fcuker I say.
No wonder the speeding laws are so ridiculous with morons like you about, thsi is a car enthusiats forum, and you are comparing a speeder to a paedophile???

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
DRAGON said:
No wonder the speeding laws are so ridiculous with morons like you about, thsi is a car enthusiats forum, and you are comparing a speeder to a paedophile???
Wtf has this being a "car enthusiast" forum got to do with doing reckless speeds through a residential village? Does "car enthusiast" mean "drive around with little or no regard or respect for anyone else" now?

I've seen first hand the results of someone doing 40 in a 30 down my street (girl on a bike got a glancing blow from a car, fortunately survived) and you're advocating someone doing 78???

·
Registered
519 Posts
I did not say I advocate it. I clearly stated that it is ridiculous to compare it to someone who rapes children.
And in the context of a car forum, centered around a fast car, its seems even more out of place.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
DRAGON said:
I did not say I advocate it. I clearly stated that it is ridiculous to compare it to someone who rapes children.
And in the context of a car forum, centered around a fast car, its seems even more out of place.
It's a strong link granted, but assuming that "78 in a 30" person hit someone, which is certainly a high probability in residential areas, they'd almost certainly kill them. Would murderer be a better comparison? :(

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
DRAGON said:
At 78 in a residential area, he should be locked away for a long time. Killing a child at that speed would be a dead cert if he hit one. I suppose the intent is totally different but the result would be equally appalling... Whether this is a car forum or the local mother & toddler group, as responsible adults, we should condemn this twat imo.

·
Registered
519 Posts
You guys have obviously never broken the speed limit, as you seem to regard it as such a servere crime. I find bizare that you chose to own a skyline, when its prime goal is speed orientated.
Also, never visit Japan, because if you ventured out onto the C1, you would be horrified by the STREET racing, I presume you would catergorise all these racers into the paedopheile and murders class?

·
Registered
564 Posts
DRAGON said:
You guys have obviously never broken the speed limit, as you seem to regard it as such a servere crime. I find bizare that you chose to own a skyline, when its prime goal is speed orientated.
Also, never visit Japan, because if you ventured out onto the C1, you would be horrified by the STREET racing, I presume you would catergorise all these racers into the paedopheile and murders class?

Theres a time and a place to put your toe down, there are plenty of B-roads to do that sort of speed down which wouldn't be that bad anyway

Incedentally, I had 3 speeding tickets through my door for my old car after the DVLA screwed up and still had me as the registered keeper... two were just over 60 in a 30 another was 78 in a 40 zone, but the scumbag hadn't registered or taxed the car so there was no way of finding him unless he's caught red handed

1 - 20 of 108 Posts