GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R34 running low boost 440bhp

This approx 8.05 min lap has a couple of seconds missing at the start due to the passenger not turning the camera on.
The lap was done on a usual busy weekend at the ring.

The camera was held the passengers( ADAM ) hand as it was his own.

The shockers are on the way out but still a good lap ..Enjoy.

YouTube - My Skyline R34 GTR @ the nurburgring 8.05 min lap

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tyres are 2nd hand 888's not in the best condition but they are ok.

The traffic was heavy so kept backing off..

I managed a 7.57 the day before and there was traffic then aswell so may be one day i'll get a clear run.

There is still more in there as still learning the cambers etc.

Upto my 67th lap now. So time will tell esp when i get the suspension sorted.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Great vid mate definitly looks like you know where your going!

Neil

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With that power i'm running i hope and on a clear run to get the time down. by 10- 15 seconds next year.
I know you can make up a lot of time with less weight but I didn't want to put the car on a diet.
So i'm only going to take passengers under 11 stone from now on.:chuckle:

The misses qualifies but she's on a diet anyway.:)

So she's worth 10 seconds ...:chuckle:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Great vid and great driving if only I could drive half as good as that I would be a happy man, but sadly not at least I get to see how it's done . I don't think I would ever have the nerve or the skill to drive like that.:bowdown1:

·
Registered
893 Posts
A nice solid lap, definitely looks like you know what corner is arriving next. I've watched 100's of laps around the Nordschleife and I still can't remember what corner is arriving next... I'd love to go back over there again some day...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A nice solid lap, definitely looks like you know what corner is arriving next. I've watched 100's of laps around the Nordschleife and I still can't remember what corner is arriving next... I'd love to go back over there again some day...
Well should be going over twice next year.. 1st time should be around end of may time..
So if your fancy some tuition and a pax lap. Apply within..:runaway:

I'll keep your posted. Andy

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your car loosing power Andy? It was 480 off boost before. lol

Tidy vid.

When are you out there next?
Yes and no. I've replaced the apexi turbo's as they had done over 40,000 miles and were on the car when i bort it.. So the new ones on the same boost 1.2 bar which i always run when at the ring are a touch down on power. But they are the same power as before on high boost but we have to run them at 1'65bar as previous were 1.55 bar..

Next trip is next year . Will keep you posted as and when moleman. And cheers for the comments.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
that is incredible driving - I can only hope to get near 8 minutes sometime in my life.

That being said, I really want to see what kind of 'Ring time our modified cars can do, when the suspension is set up properly and we're running 600-800bhp, and Sabine is at the wheel.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well i don't think i'd be letting Sabine in my car with 600bhp NO WAY..

Did you know.She crashes a lot .. When she crashes at the ring in the M5 ring taxi's they take them off at the other entrance so less people don't see..

She( Sabine )was totally un-heard of before being on top gear that includes in germany too..

But if your going to run full power before you learn the track .

And i'd say this to anyone going over to the ring....Your going to learn less and it will take longer on full boost..

WHY! well i've learned a lot more with lower power.. As you learn the track easier with out having to fight all that power and the track together.
But a very good suspension set up is way more important that power..

I'll be getting under 7.50 mins on low boost.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
Well i don't think i'd be letting Sabine in my car with 600bhp NO WAY..
I'd agree with that.

She's dangerous. She takes corners off people, drifts very close to other cars driven by joe public, etc, etc.

She is not liked by many of the regulars.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is wrong........;)
Well without getting into a debate.. I and many others who go to the ring only heard of sabine. When she apeared on top gear.. And although she is a local..If you actually speak to the locals as i have..They say She was nothing special untill top gear. So are the locals wrong too.:chairshot

1 - 20 of 32 Posts