GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep this is from my country Thailand my fellow friends :D Our GTR record run recently taken at Bangkok Drag Avenue (just outside the city) on this 4ht of November :smokin:

Speed ProShop Drag R32 GTR

0-60ft (ET) 1.440
1/8 mile (ET) 5.426
1/8 mile (Km/h) 221.818Km/h
1000ft(ET) 6.890
1/4mile(ET) 8.324
1/4mile(Km/h) 262.94 Km/h
without NOS

VIDEO from the run:YouTube - 8.3 SECOND 1/4 mile R32 SKYLINE THAILAND Speed D & Ram77

Another video from the Bangkok Drag Avenue: Video - 2JZ S13's from Thailand plus more...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe this car could aim for the AWD world record one day :D

·
Registered
318 Posts
that is one crazy car!!!! you dont normally hear of many cars like that in thailand..... infact ive never heard of 8sec cars in thailand:thumbsup:
ive just come back from a 3 week holiday in thailand and the best car i see going about was a standard looking supra.... i well wish i knew about your drag strip just outside bangkok, id have definatly been there.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
^^ There're plenty of fast cars in Thailand, especially Bangkok. Because of the heat tuner cars are not easely seen on the road during the day time in Bangkoks extreem traffic. These cars can be spotted easier away from the turists places, such as high ways, clubs etc. during the nights but if you visit many tuner shops located around Bangkok there're plenty Supras, EVOs and even Skylines, others commonly are Ferraris, Lambos and Porches but American cars are extreemly hard to find. The years I've been there I've only seen 2 Mustangs, never seen Vette or Dodge Viper..

OH yeah Thailand is crazy about drag racing now, it's an increasing popularity. The Bangkok Drag Avenue is a new dragstrip finnished for not long ago. The previous AWD record holder HKS Skyline R33 GTR had a dragshow earlier this year a short time just a few months after the new drag strip was officially opened. Today there're plenty of 9, 10 seconds street cars in Thailand, mostly (90%) Japanese imports..

·
6,821 Posts
Great to hear that there is a big Drag scene in Thailand . . .:)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ Excelent link. You guys should check out, lots of info :smokin:

·
Registered
720 Posts
do u know how much the labour rate is in thailand per hour? and if they have very good tuners there?

i wouldnt mind relocating there, :smokin: loved it out there, but when i was on holiday i only saw one standard evo late at night in bangkok, thought they didnt have a big tuner scene - proved me wrong.... :bowdown1:

i did buy a thai tuner mag though, and apart from many low spec feature cars, mainly hondas, there was one shop advertising interesting engine swaps, like 2jZ or RB26det into old merc's!!:squintdan

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do u know how much the labour rate is in thailand per hour? and if they have very good tuners there?

i wouldnt mind relocating there, :smokin: loved it out there, but when i was on holiday i only saw one standard evo late at night in bangkok, thought they didnt have a big tuner scene - proved me wrong.... :bowdown1:

i did buy a thai tuner mag though, and apart from many low spec feature cars, mainly hondas, there was one shop advertising interesting engine swaps, like 2jZ or RB26det into old merc's!!:squintdan
Don't worry about the labour rate in Thailand, it all depends on your job and educations, it's a country with diversity. Where do you live now?

There're many pro privater tuners in Thailand but to mention some of the biggest names are for example JUN Thailand, HKS Thailand etc.

Yes it's very popular to do engine swap JZs & RBs in BMW 3 & 5 series, Benc E-class but most popular is the 90 - 95 RWD sedan Nissan Cefiro (which is also favorite pick for drifters).

·
Registered
720 Posts
live in the uk for now, but wouldnt mind spending half to most of the year there.

jun & hks thailand should be skilled enough to work on my car! :smokin:

can you run a skyline on pump fuel? or do you have to buy in race fuel (for the octane rating)

·
Registered
298 Posts
live in the uk for now, but wouldnt mind spending half to most of the year there.

jun & hks thailand should be skilled enough to work on my car! :smokin:

can you run a skyline on pump fuel? or do you have to buy in race fuel (for the octane rating)
There is very famous garage in bangkok...... TOON ENGINE SHOP. is the same garage with the Speed d R32.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts