GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm still researching a few things about simple tuning. I have a R32 GTR, with casual breather mods, exhaust, air fliter.. People keep telling me that 1 bar isn't too wise for standard r32 turbine, and even suggests a 12psi, .8 barish tune.
So is it worth getting a pfc + ebc + tune to .85 bar or so? Is it a noticable difference? Or does it feel the same as stock?
Thank you

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Not sure you will notice the difference.

0.8 bar = 11.76 psi 0.85 bar = 12.49 psi

·
Registered
246 Posts
I run a near std 32 gtr mate with air filters, zorst, decat, usual basic stuff...

and difference between 0.6 bar where i got 320bhp on the rollers and 1.0 bar just under 400 ponies... sooooo noticable! when setting mine up kept resortin to std and could so feel the difference in power... but from everything i've ever read or been told, 1 bar (mine peaks about 1.05 bar and back's off to 1 bar) is about max... if you run 1.2 bar for any prolonged time the turbo's are menna [email protected] themselves out the exhaust pretty quick :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Get yourself a good boost controller, I have a GReddy Profec B spec II set to run 1.05bar max, also running Apexi GT exhaust, downpipes and decat, K&N filters, grade 7 NGK iridiums gapped to 0.8.............car runs great! I am well happy with its current performance given the minor mods. Run 1 bar and enjoy :) , like I said earlier, just control it with a good boost controller. Go the cheap route and KABOOMO! you will run the risk of loosing a turbo! :eek: (best case scenario!)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
130 Posts
Been running 1 bar on standards for a while as did the previous owner. No problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts