GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting rid off my subaru because i have had nothing but trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want a r33 v spec found one with complete rebuild running 800 bhp. The reason i want one with all the mods is i get 12 months warranty and it saves me a fortune. Is 800 too powerful for road use. I can also get one running 650bhp which would be better for road use.

New to the scene on skylines any help would be grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also hello:) to everyone:

·
Registered
319 Posts
strongman said:
I am getting rid off my subaru because i have had nothing but trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want a r33 v spec found one with complete rebuild running 800 bhp. The reason i want one with all the mods is i get 12 months warranty and it saves me a fortune. Is 800 too powerful for road use. I can also get one running 650bhp which would be better for road use.

New to the scene on skylines any help would be grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also hello:) to everyone:
800bhp is NEVER going to be long term reliable really LOL But it all depends how well it is built and how often you actually use all 800 horses :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<<Go back
Nissan Skyline GTR v-spec
japan stock

Vehicle Spec and Description
Nissan Skyline GTR v-spec • 1997 • r Plate
• 2700cc • Manual • Petrol • 2 Door Saloon • midnight purple • grey Interior

Price: £ 23995

800bhp completed rebuild of whole car july 30th 06.jap mag featured R34 GTR N1 block 24U 2.7L bore up ap engineering engine block dummy head and surface grinding apexi gt forged pistons molybdenum sulphide coated apexi rods nismo crankshaft fully balanced protected cylinder head head fully ported Trust T88-34D turbo tomei metal head gasket tomei large valves and modified seats apexi valve guides trust camshafts 272 degrees apexi pullies nismo timing belt large oil pump tomei oil pan baffle plate N1 water pump arc oil catch tank nismo engine mounts trust 3 layer intercooler trust aluminium radiator sard air reservoir tank samco custom hoses trust intercooler piping sard 850cc injectors sard fuel pump sard fuel regulator hks fuel delivery lines one off stainless exhaust trust exhaust manifold trust one off wastegate side exit of car! apexi power FC air flow defi gauges and defi link 320kms speedo hks turbo timer ats twin plate carbon clutch cusco suspension tension bar cusco upper arms brembo F50 brakes 2 piece discs 18" alloys 265/35/18 custom made offsets nardi steering wheel alpine cd player.
Mileage: 40000
THIS IS THE SPEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
I'd be extremely sceptical about any used car warranty. most exclude wear and tear, and will use any excuse to avoid paying

If you think a scooby gave you trouble, a Skyline could be a whole new world of hurt!

I'd aim lower, 4-500 bhp maybe, and buy a UK based car which you can see, and speak to the owner and maybe even research via the forum

mook

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CHEERS,iT WAS NOT THE SUBARU ,IT WAS THE MUPPETS WHO TOUCHED IT.
I AM AFTER A POWERFUL AND RELIABLE CAR.ALSO A GOOD GARAGE.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The best road use is usually around 400 to 550bhp unless you are running a 2.8 or 3.0 litre bored/stroked RB in which case most of what I have read reckons even 600bhp to 700bhp is streetable if done correctly.

Much better looking for the 2.6 ~450bhp to 500bhp IMHO.

What sort of Scooby set up were you running as even a 400bhp Skyline feels so much faster than a PPP Scoob - a LOT faster.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I just got my hands on my 800hp r32 gtr, and though it is quite civil around town you really cannot drive the car "spirited". It is either running along happily with the traffic or everything is a blur.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
strongman said:
<<Go back

Trust T88-34D turbo QUOTE]

Do you know what the jap to english translation of T88-34D is??

Something along the lines of, "ancient laggy turd" I seriously don't know how anybody still uses these pieces of carp.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Cord said:
strongman said:
<<Go back

Trust T88-34D turbo QUOTE]

Do you know what the jap to english translation of T88-34D is??

Something along the lines of, "ancient laggy turd" I seriously don't know how anybody still uses these pieces of carp.
haha so true.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
roadie said:
I just got my hands on my 800hp r32 gtr, and though it is quite civil around town you really cannot drive the car "spirited". It is either running along happily with the traffic or everything is a blur.
I'd have thought 800 was too much for the road, a blur sums it up, 600ish is good as a max for the road and reliable if it is done well. That spec with a better turbo would be ok but still very, very fast on boost

·
Registered
947 Posts
smart

smart compagny , theye translated the carsenor site ,to english ,and sell all cars that are on the japanish site will compare prices later ,

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hmmmmm a lot of King Buyer cars on that site. I would run a search on this board about them. Not the best of reputations. I visited them in Tokyo last time i was there and the cars look a lot worse than they do on the website.

Gez

·
Registered
947 Posts
ha ha

found a r34 gtr on there site 37000 pounds , japanisch price 20000pounds , 1000pounds shipping ,1000pounds other costs, 18% vat 10%import tax ,makes the car 28000pounds , so he makes about 9k profit :clap:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
add £5000 for std SVA costs plus removing and replacing every uprated part. From the looks of things the whole engine will have to be replaced with std unit as well as wheels, interior trim etc. That must be £3000 alone if not more.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts