GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a run, Andy Forrest in his legendary Impreza. Terminal speed was 158 IIRC which isnt his best but still great time. Won the 500 quid too as ran a 9.3 earlier on.

I got my personal best too with a 12.3 @ 112mph. Doesnt seem that good compared to Andy's but I am happy.

Good to meet a couple of people too, Dave and his awsome R33 Do-Luck kitted GTR.....when that gearbox is run in what a car that is going to be. Nigel and his lovely R34 :)

Pete who beat me twice in his little Civic (the beast) its oh so Quiet! :D :D :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Fast Guy said:
Which was your car (reasonable description please), I'll see if I got a vid of it. (just put some in the other AndyF thread) Probably have if Pete beat you:p
Dans car is a White R32 with white rims and just the small Nismo rear lip spoiler...

He came late on, not sure if you were still around then m8?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fast Guy said:
Which was your car (reasonable description please), I'll see if I got a vid of it. (just put some in the other AndyF thread) Probably have if Pete beat you:p
As Pete Says, All white R32 with Nismo rear lip spoiler. I came at about 2:30ish. Didnt take my camera this time so pity no-one got any of my runs :(

·
Registered
224 Posts
No, sorry. It had a full size spoiler and the wheels look possibly silver ish (not sure if everyone would call then 5 spokes as the centre bit is abit too chunky, but there's 5 bits coming out to the rim.)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Not meaning to go off topic Fast Guy but I don't get how a 264 BHP Pulsar can do a 12.71?
Myself and several friends who used to own Pulsar's and barely managed 12.5 with a good 140 BHP more. Yes we could all drive:)

I hope you're not one of those guys who winds the boost up for a run then claims it was done on stock power.
246 BHP + 1400 kilos + permanent 4Wd is 13.3 at a push on a Pulsar.

you telling me a 10+ yr old pulsar with 20 BHP more (which is is lost by 4wd) than std can beat a stock evo 6, stock 360, stock, Porsche turbo, stock skyline?

Impossible.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jamerio said:
Not meaning to go off topic Fast Guy but I don't get how a 264 BHP Pulsar can do a 12.71?
Myself and several friends who used to own Pulsar's and barely managed 12.5 with a good 140 BHP more. Yes we could all drive:)

I hope you're not one of those guys who winds the boost up for a run then claims it was done on stock power.

you telling me a 10+ yr old pulsar with 20 BHP more (which is is lost by 4wd) than std can beat a stock evo 6, stock 360, stock, Porsche turbo, stock skyline?

Impossible.
The GTiR is only 1220kg as standard... Not 100% but i think he may have the RA verion which is lighter and comes with a shorter ratio box...

That 12.7 is an old time for Fast Guy...

Here is his new one of 12.4sec... Running 0.9bar and 276bhp if remember right...

He also managed a 0 - 60mph in 3.7secs...

I personally managed to get 12.1sec and 12.2sec @ 114mph running 1.5bar on the stock engine (except cams) and stock turbo a few years back when the car was in that state of tune... Thats was around 330bhp back then... So those times by Fast Guy are credible...

Sorry just back from Texas, can't get back into a normal sleep pattern, and there is nothing good on TV, hence actually being bothered to post all the above...

Rishi

·
Registered
450 Posts
As above, I can vouch for Fast Guys times, seen him run a good few times and we both did 0-60mph in 3.7 secs at York earlier in the year, coming equal 15th overall I think.

He does have the slightly lighter version GtiR with the short ratio box I believe.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Jamerio said:

Impossible.
Errrrrrr, it wasn't 264 it was 246:clap: It was rolling roaded at Well Lane at 246bhp then run ast Youk in that config and did a 13.08s 1/4. I removed about 50kg and fitted 215/35/16s (1" smaller than std to help acceleration) In that spec at Shakespeare I ran the 12.71 at Rotorstock 2.
October that year With a little less weight and 0.1psi more (about 260bhp ish) boost I ran a 12.4. (my terminal speed shows the lack of power)

A fully laden Gtir with 4 fat people may weigh 1400kg, but mine weighs 1160kg on the road and 1135kg with the interior removed. (soon it's going to weigh under 1100kg)

I have the RB model so comes lighter with no electrics and a close ratio gearbox as standard.

Fast gear changes can save you alot of time up the strip, especially when there's 4 of them.

If you can do barely 12.5 on 400bhp+ (264 + 140) you should be ashamed:chairshot :bawling: Or you don't have anywhere near 400bhp

I have 2 objectives with this car (for now anyway) 11s on the stock turbo, hopefully at 1bar with the next weight loss implemented and then 10s on as little power as possible (that one won't be so easy)

Anyway, back to the reason I'm here........ All my footage from 27th

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Pfff, that's pretty crazy.
As for doing 12's with that much power, I agree, it was disappointing, but if you look at some of the fastest GTI'R in the UK, like Bruce's and Jason Gant's and Phil Kav, I don't think they were doing a great deal better than mid 11's.
Every time I saw danny fennel/bruce he was doing about late 11's-12's inbetween blowing Quaife gearbox's on what seemed like monthly basis

Sounds like you got a special one there. Thanks for taking time to prove it anyway. Don't know what to say!

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you went to TOTB5 this year the 3 Gtirs did, 11.2,11.3 and 11.3. all with maybe 450bhp, (3071 turbos, so not a great deal more)

Looks like you're talking very old school (and I've had mine for 4.5years)
Phil sold his car ages ago. Jason (pb 11.09) hasn't run since last years TOTB , Bruce is just finishing off another rebuild.

Current fast guys ---> Lou Rob (pb 11.13 at 130) has been knocking on 10s for over a year, just his launches let him down, Rishi just needs to map his monster. The Bear has a proven 620bhp with work to do.
Dave Brown from AWDMotorsports in Scotland did a 10s pass last year at Crail and we've just found out it looks like the world record is 10.2 in Thailand (not 10.6 in Jamaica anymore)
:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jamerio said:
Pfff, that's pretty crazy.
As for doing 12's with that much power, I agree, it was disappointing, but if you look at some of the fastest GTI'R in the UK, like Bruce's and Jason Gant's and Phil Kav, I don't think they were doing a great deal better than mid 11's.
Every time I saw danny fennel/bruce he was doing about late 11's-12's inbetween blowing Quaife gearbox's on what seemed like monthly basis
None of those cars ever proved 400bhp back then... It was all tuner talk... Infact 2 that tried always fell into the 300bhp range... Yes, even at 2bar... Shocking i know..

Danny always used the standard box so never launched the car... Car is now in a million pieces..

Bruce used a Becker Box for a while and now uses a Quaife... Also has a new engine build by a decent engine builder this time... Just having its cold start tidied up and its done...

Jason's is only now running 400bhp+... But yet unproven...

Phil Cav was only ever 350bhp from what i remember...

Rishi

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fast Guy said:
Rishi just needs to map his monster.
:)

Just waiting for the PPG Kit to be built up and then mapped... But i have to fly away to New York in 2 weeks so its not like i'm going to be driving it any time soon... :bawling:

Anyway... Back to Andy's 9.1sec pass... :clap:

Rishi

1 - 20 of 22 Posts