GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well done Kev and Ben, first run 9.8 at 145.7, fastest outside the US, and on stock frame turbos. :clap:

SVM/GTC parts galore, forged engine, cams, all the bolt ons, transmission upgrades, the latest Cobb ECM and TCM stuff.

Great engine, great driving, great tuning (I can say that because Ben did this one not me). To those who wonder if GTC are a "tuner", put that in your pipe and smoke it :D

To those who say Kev is just lambo doors and LED badges, I need say nothing!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Good Work!

Fingers crossed for no rain tomorrow!!! :D

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Many thanks for the supportive comments guys its appreciated

Delighted to be the 3rd Tuner in the World to run a RH9 GT-R !!!! We should have done it much sooner (this was only second time out with the car, first in the summer very hot day ran a 10.3), but usual UK weather, and other customer cars took propriety.

Never thought today was going to happen, its been raining heavy all week including this morning, but we had to go for it being the last event of the year before 6 months of winter arrives.

The 35 was driven 2 hour journey in full weight trip, except cobra seats replace the oem, some gtc carbon (trunk & bonnet). We arrived at the track to see lots of puddles & mud everywhere. The rain had stopped and we waited 2 hours for the organisers to dry the strip, it wasn't ideal and wasn't prepped but had to do :p

Off came the road wheels / tires to be replaced for 18's wheels & Hoosier tires.

Not wanting to tempt fate or anything but i decided to call the map '9 sec switcher' anyway lol

also first time trying the LC1 'e' 4k launch many thanks to Joe for all his hard work

Time for some action

First run out the box, cold tires

first run, bruce pulls it out the bag.

9.84 @ 145 mph. Not bad for small track turbo's eh ;)

Sorry no 60ft time, as pod couldn't log it for some reason. But Ludders & others agree it still wasn't amazing approx 1.9 !

spec is as follows:

Special SVM Forged engine - CP Pistons, carillio rods, Jun Cams. custom head work. Cosworth head gasket. oem replacment gaskets, bearings
GTC 90mm titan race exhaust system
GTC titan 90mm y pipe
GTC de cat down pipes w/ Zircotech coating
GTC stage 3 hybid ihi turbos..ported manifolds..uprated garret actuaters larger compressor wheel..inducer 52mm exducer 72mm..larger turbine of 54 mm
GTC Titanium sucky pipe
1000cc id injectors
twin 255 lt fuel pumps uprated fuel lines
fuel lab adjustable fuel regulator/ braided lines
GTC 80mm Intakes
GTC bar and plate Marston core intercooler
80mm intercooler hard pipe bov removed
GTC Big capicity Radiator
two port seperate breather system/braide hoses. jic fittings /seperate tanks
polished inlet manifold
alloy power steering tank
alloy radiator expansion tank
alloy race spec water radiator/running liquid cool water mixture
GTC 14 plate clutch system & steel plates & shims
Proto gearbox cooler (water type model) inc additional radiator)
custom mech cir clips fitted to all major gears
Pentosin tranmission oil
alloy gearbox sump(extra capacity)
alloy engine sump anadised blue
10/60 Castrol Edge oil
COBB Tuning AccessPORT NIS006 - LC1 4k launch
GTC custom tune

Fuel C16 mix with 99 ron pump gas

Here's basic video, will merge some shots of the morning together asap

Would like to thank:- Thistle, all at Cobb Tuning, Eugene for pistons/rods & helpful drag tips ;), Kevan, John, Darren, Bruce, Tony @ Injector Dynamics

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Kev sorry if i miss anything in spec etc.. above i know your a perfectionist. I couldn't be more happy for you, wish we got your little dance on camera after the run lol

Sure kev will chime in but this is just the start of his Godzilla. She will come apart for r&d and improved. Bigger turbo's, 2000cc injectors, HPX sensors + more on the menu :flame:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Awesome stuff and very well deserved.
All of your combined efforts have paid off.
This is a good day for the UK GTR scene.

Very well done

SS

·
Registered
331 Posts
Kev sorry if i miss anything in spec etc.. above i know your a perfectionist. I couldn't be more happy for you, wish we got your little dance on camera after the run lol

Sure kev will chime in but this is just the start of his Godzilla. She will come apart for r&d and improved. Bigger turbo's, 2000cc injectors, HPX sensors + more on the menu :flame:
THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR NICE COMMENTS

9 seconds is what i wanted and 9 second qrt is what i got
really happy chappy:p (alot of hard work)
BEN your the best..not bad for titchy turbos...

a big thanks too pillot bruce /and all the lads at svm for their overtime put in.

really cant wait to stick my badge back on
"world record" next year watch this space

ps thankyou jeff for your advice..just disappointed some of the big guns
didnt come out to play..beating yourself isnt as much fun lol
come on !!!!!!!!!!:runaway:
kk severn valley motor sport :>)

may be next time ? kk

3,663 Posts
well done , right lane wasn't that good either today. we had major hassle in 3rd gear with the 350z.

last 1/8 speed is pretty good as well. 118 to 147 mph shows the car is running some grunt ;-)

well done boys.

·
Registered
212 Posts

a big thanks too pillot bruce /and all the lads at svm for their overtime put in.

may be next time ? kk
Thanks kev for letting me drive your Beast! she will go a lot faster this is just the start!! What a day. Thanks to John & Darren & all @ SVM

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Sat in the Indian at the moment getting over a brilliant day at the Pod. Well done guys I will post the video when I get home.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Well done Ben/Kev

Have no doubt this spec will go a lot quicker with a better track prep, I was running slower times than I did back in June.

·
Registered
18 Posts
nice to meet some of you at the pod today.

didn't realise it was a GTR meet, came to see a couple of minis from 1320mini run before time attack next weekend, and then saw the gtr's so thought i'd come say hi.

didn't manage to speak to the owner of the silver beast, but congrats on the time, seriously fast.

didn't run today though - had fun watching you guys

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I want one

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

may be next time ? kk

What a great day!

Well done to all involved with this car - amazing and it looked sooo effortless as it left the line.....:bowdown1:

I agree Kevan, would have been nice to see some other high powered cars run against you.

As I said to Ben I think my GF got the run on an HD video

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
wow well done guys just seen it, sorry i could not come to watch or participate but my parts have been delayed and only arrive next week.. boo.

well done all

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I saw this happen in the flesh, the car sounded and looked awesome and well done on the time. The right lane was pretty ba d today had my worst run on there as well. I liked the replacement t shirts as well guys

1 - 20 of 132 Posts