GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new gt-r was dynoed in japan at 800hp and 90kg's of tourque. I have no idea how to convert this number into good ol' ft/lbs. Can anyone enlighten me ?????

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
My new gt-r was dynoed in japan at 800hp and 90kg's of tourque. I have no idea how to convert this number into good ol' ft/lbs. Can anyone enlighten me ?????
That's a great torque number from the RB for 800hp. Can you please provide an overview of your engine modifications, the boost level, and the fuel type you were running? Nice one.

Cya O!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a semi complete list below......

"TRUST T88-34D full turbine kit(included exhaust manifold, Racing waist
gate), TRUST Hi-profile camshaft IN272(10.8mm lift)/ EX272(10.8mm lift),
Iskey Racing valve spring, Intake & exhaust port BIG PORTED proceeded,
explosion room proceeded, Weiseco 87size oversized piston, BCNR33GT-R
crankshaft(dynamic balanced proceeded), Standard connecting rods, JUN
Oilpomp, 720cc Main Injector x 6pcs, 720cc x 2pcs additional injector,
3layers Intercooler, Oilcooler, OS triple plate racing clutch, TRUST racing
surge tank, Z32 Airflow meter x 2pcs, CPU rom tuned by HRF, Height
adjustable suspension, Muffler, etc.
Boost 1.5kg, 1.5kg selectable.
This GT-R changed speed meter to 320km/h full scale one and its mileage is
16,000km."

It's been a little of an adventure to go thru the car and try to confirm what has been modified. It turns out (quite happily) that there are alot of little extra details that HRF went thru to make the car a daily driver. The boost is set at 1.6 low and 2.0 high. I have only found one additional injector, the suspension is HKS but non-adjustable, the clutch linkage has an extension on it to make it alot more drivable, stuff like that. I wish there was a way to confirm if the conrods have been changed, but at this point I am very certain they have been......
Thanks for the conversion too......Kev.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
"Standart Connecting Rods" :rolleyes:
"720cc Injectors" :rolleyes:
"Z32 Airflowmeters" :rolleyes:

Even with 4 additional injectors of that size,you will not see enough fuel for that sort of power,unless you run it on 14,7:1 AFR;)

I think the Dyno was tuned to see those numbers;)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I wont know for sure until I dyno it later this year. But the car hits 2 bar quite easily, so she's got to have a little hp !!!:smokin:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Thanks for the mod list. Looks like you've got some serious equipment on board. From what you mentioned, however, the 90kgs of torque at 1.5kg/cm2 boost on a 2.6 just doesn't add up. It will be very interesting to see what your actual dyno numbers are when you dyno it yourself.

Cya O!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That didn't make any sense to me either. But the boost controller isn't set at 1.5 bar. Low is at 1.6 and high is at 2.0.
By the way, how much fuel (via injectors) is required for 800hp. I would think 6x720cc injectors, plus 2x720cc injectors (via HKS AIC) would be sufficient. Unfortunately, I cannot download or locate an owners manual for the AIC anywhere, so I am not sure of it's capabilities....

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That didn't make any sense to me either. But the boost controller isn't set at 1.5 bar. Low is at 1.6 and high is at 2.0.
By the way, how much fuel (via injectors) is required for 800hp??? I would think 6x720cc injectors, plus 2x720cc injectors (via HKS AIC) would be sufficient. Unfortunately, I cannot download or locate an owners manual for the AIC anywhere, so I am not sure of it's capabilities....

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Yes that would be sufficient injector wise for 800 crank HP. You would have effectively 960cc of injector per cylinder (720+{720x2/6}).
Doesn't mention fuel pressure, but at higher base pressure, plenty of injector capacity. I don't like the use of additional injectors, you never really sure where the fuel goes.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
6x 960cc´s and 4x720cc´s with 2 additional injectors are a big difference,i would say,because the 960´s put the fuel in where it belongs,and the 2 additional 720´s spray it in the airflow,so it will hopefully come to the right cylinder:rolleyes:

I mean,yes,it is possible,but the question is why do it that way,when there are bigger injectors available:confused:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was considering detuning the car, and swapping out the ol' t88 for a TO4Z. The 720's (using just 6) would provide enough fuel for that turbo. But, the car has a remapped standard ecu, so a new turbo+power fc+mapping starts to get a little too pricy right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts