GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on here but been looking at posts for a while.... Had my 90mm milltek race fitted today and its as quiet as standard.. its non res y pipe so was expecting it to be loud. What can i do to make it louder. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Have you got decatted downpipes?

If not that will release some noise and a few extra ponies with a remap.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
No mate i dont so il be getting those ordered...cheers
That will make a big difference.

Milltek systems do tend to be more subtle in note than most.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
I recently got downpipes, and altho they do make the noise so much better, especially after 3k revs! :D, and the car breathes much better, making it feel a bit more lively..... there are a few side effects so you know, just sharing the experiences

- sometimes you get a whiff of fumes in the cabin, say when coming upto traffic lights and more so if the windows are open, not always but sometimes.. im used to it now tho
- a lot more soot on the back bumper
- more drone inside the cabin, i'd say about 1/3 louder @ 70mph

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Thanks bud im sure i csn live with the side effects lol
you sure will Gav, once you open it up, and it hits 3000rpm and you are rewarded with the raspy rooooarrr!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So looking under the car i can see my y pipe is resonated...now the question is are all y pipes the same i have the 90mm system milltek... ifni swap it over for non res will i need its mapped again

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
You can swap the non res part for the res part and vice versa without a remap no problem :thumbsup:

Have you ordered the downpipes? I would recommend the cast versions (either Milltek or GTC).

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Now ordering them lol
some Russ Fellow's downpipes recently acquired :D Custom made, not mass produced. Another option for you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No mate im gunna try the non res pipe first... are all the y pipes the same....or is mine 90mm because of the system ive got?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Downpipes and the res pipe might suit if you dont want it to be loud all the time. Not too unruly plodding around under 3500k, but put you foot down and it'll come alive all the way to the limiter :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im gunna have a word with litchfields monday ajd see what they can do for me asap lol i need noise its like driving a silenced gtr and it sucks lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts