GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
First saw a Turbo S at Bruntingthorpe (Vmax Black)...a very impressive machine :thumbsup: launched all day long without missing a beat even in reverse! (Mark if you happen to be reading this, sorry to bring that up lol)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
911 Turbos have never been a slouch, and it is a light weight compaired to the GTR ,,
But when you price the both up, I know who gets my vote,
Errrrrr sorry but I own both, lol :chairshot:chairshot:chairshot

Goldie

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Lol, that's just greedy :p

Just realised my mistake earlier. It was a standard turbo in that vid. Hats off to porker :bowdown1:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Standard TURBO,, not really standard, PDK. And a few toys over 100k ish,
Still a really great car,
When I bought the GTR the only extra was the service pack, or a extra bit to put in the seat belt for if you was really really fat,
Goldie

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was about to post this!!!!....truly shocked!!!!...

And it's not even the S version....

i though the 0-60 for the GTR was 2.8 ....help me understand guys!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Looks like the Porsche is launching at 5-5,500rpm.
Impressive, considering it can do that all day.

So it's taken five years, but they clearly have an answer...

Odd the GT-R was doing the 0-60 in 3.3 seconds because that seems rather slower than what the official figures suggest.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
911 Turbos have never been a slouch, and it is a light weight compaired to the GTR ,,
But when you price the both up, I know who gets my vote,
Errrrrr sorry but I own both, lol :chairshot:chairshot:chairshot

Goldie
You got the bragging rights there Stu !! Bloody orrible those beetles tho :squintdan

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Personally I like the beetles lol, but then I'm biased as I also had a 911 turbo lol. I prefer the GTR though ; )
There see you converted from the Beetle in the Westto the rising sun in the East !! :) Good choice

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is it just me or do SVM seem quite slimey and overly keen to state their customer care in their responses. Just a thought and probably over thought, but personal preference determines i appreciate facts laid out in front of me and i make my own decisions, rather than so called customer care notices

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
hmm.. 3.33s does seem quite slow.. noticed he didn't have triple RRR mode, as I thought the launch control would only kick in 3 R's?

Porkie is lovely though, I do like em especially the new firebreathing GT3 :)

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Never liked Porsches. They always remind me of a bullfrog sitting beside a pond. BTW, do they have two useable rear seats and a boot? Just asking.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Never liked Porsches. They always remind me of a bullfrog sitting beside a pond. BTW, do they have two useable rear seats and a boot? Just asking.
I think the rear seats are pretty much as unusable as the R35, so for kids only.
Not much of a boot though.

Due to the gearbox the R35 has less rear legroom than my R32, which is the smallest of the RB26 cars.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts