GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Is Ronnie's the most powerful/fastest skyline in the UK? it is to my knowledge, but a guy i know mentioned that some guy imported a black 999bhp R34, he supposedly got a huge insurance pay out to pay for it amongst other things, and lives somewhere between Stoke and Manchester. i dont really believe this, but do any of you guys know if its ture?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I don't think Ronnie's is the most powerful. The JUN car probably has circa 900bhp, then I think Gary @ GTaRt has about 750 bhp, I'm not sure what power Ronnie has but, but I think around 700 - for the moment - its also run a faster 1/4 mile than Gary's and the Jun car in the UK! (well that I know of)

·
Registered
766 Posts
arrrhhhh wot am i sayin that for. now ive re-read it again i realise i have seen more powerful carsmyself. there is that white R33 that has an overboost to about 1000bhp isnt there?

i would love to see and hear one of the real monster Skylines like they have in Japan. the "700bhp is nothin to me" type things

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Nice article....but maybe those people should look around them before making claims!! I mean Mario has got an RB kicking out more than 1500bhp....!! How on earth can they not know about Mario and exvitermini.com??:confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Exvitermini

I did wonder if it was anything to do with Mario's posse ... I'm still reeling from seeing Marios first high power run video ... Quite amusing, as I was watching I thought ... "Hmm, hes got his foot in now ... starting to sound serio..... OH MY GOD!" I dont know what he revs too, but it sounds like an awful lot :D Awesome!!!!

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure they do. Has Mario ever put up dyno sheets, not that I'm doubting what he says of course?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I dont believe Mario quotes power figures openly, one of those "if you need to publish figures, you ain't got enough" kinda things, but at the end of one of the high power run GTR-700 vid they pan quickly to the rolling road output screen .. if you pause the vid you can see that the power output even then was 852.9kW or in proper numbers 1143.7 BHP ... serious whoosh, even if its only flywheel "estimated".

Mario gets my vote, anyone that tears up fresh white lines in a Supra is tops by me :D I HATE roadworks.

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Just IMHO... I've got a feeling that Autospeed know about Mario's RB engine. However, they are not acknowledging it because the engine has not been completely built in Australia (as alluded to on his Web site) or Autospeed haven't seen the hard dyno numbers (as Mario hasn't posted the dyno plot). I'm not sure either way but Mario has made it clear that he doesn't care too much for magazine articles.

Cya O!

·
Registered
766 Posts
isnt mario's car past 1000kw (~1350bhp) now? download his dyno run, the noise of the engine is quite unbelievable.i cant wait for him to do a drag run on full power (his only run to date was on about 850bhp wasnt it?, going by the HKS R33 i would estimate it to be mid-low 8 seconds on road tyres

·
Registered
997 Posts
Most Powerful?

Unless Gabbie & Doris;) produce something well in excess of 1000BHP then I would think that me & Guy own the most powerful UK Skyline.Project X R32.

Henry.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
BIG H

MOST POWERFUL UK CAR?

WHAT POWER DOES IT HAVE AND AT WHAT SPEC THEN, I KNOW HOW GUY LIKES TO ENSURE QUOTES ARE CORRECT!

CANT WAIT TO SEE IT, HOPE ITS BEING SHIPPED BY CONTAINER FROM JAPAN OR YOU MAY FIND ITS GOT ABOUT 500PS BY THE TIME IT ARRIVES AND ABOUT HALF THE EQUIPMENT, IF YOU NEED HELP SHIPPING IT BY CONTAINER I CAN ARRANGE THIS FOR YOU IF IT HELPS AND IF NOT DONE ALREADY. WHENS IT ARRIVING BIG H?

:)

·
Registered
766 Posts
make sure you get the container insured,would hate for it to get dropped to the bottom of the sea!! friend of my dads had a 100k vintage car on a container. its somewhere off the coast of cape horn now,and he wasnt insured

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Power

Dirk,

At this stage I'd rather not disclose any details on the board, after all we don't have the car yet.

I'm not making any claims yet as to the power or performance of Project X. All I'll say is that it is a proven winner in drag competitions in Japan and is, to paraphase Rolls-Royce, 'sufficiently quick'.

When the car is here in a few months time (provided it makes it OK) then we will be able to see what it can do.

As you know of me, I will only quote details as to power or times when they have been proven in the UK, until then it's just speculation.

Guy

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Sweepstake time ... I'll stick a fiver on it being the Veilside R32 Drag car... :p

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.