GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know ?

I take it that the electric fan in front of the radiator is for the Aircon, due to the radiator being cooled by the fan driven of the engine. Is this true.

Its just that i have never seen or heard the fan come on. I checked the fan and it works, so im just wondering where my next point of call may be?

·
Registered
720 Posts
The fan kicks in when ambient under bonnet air temperature reaches over 30 degrees. If you leave the bonnet down with the aircon on full for about 10 minutes the fan will come on. There is a temperature sensor located just in front of the Condensor.

Jason.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Yes, you are right. Take her for a spin, get her nice and hot and then just let her tick over for a while with the a/c turned right down and the blower on 4. The cooling fan should come on then.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Guys

Will try and get it to spin up tomorrow. its probaly one of them cases. If its not broken don't fix it.
If it still dosen't work would it be the sensor at fault in front of the condensor ?

·
Registered
720 Posts
There is a way of entering the engineer mode on the aircon. Durzel know's how to do it if you 'PM' him, something like holding down the 'OFF' button and pressing something else at the same time?. I'm sure you could do a sensor check that way.

The sesnor is located in front of the Condensor, its a unit about 3 cms long ~ 1.5 cms tall.

Jason.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Turn ignition on, hold down off button on aircon until all the display come on. Use temp up button to go up a level of test. Aircon off to reset.

·
Registered
613 Posts
aircon fan

Peter said:
Yes, you are right. Take her for a spin, get her nice and hot and then just let her tick over for a while with the a/c turned right down and the blower on 4. The cooling fan should come on then.
mine doesnt come on im presuming that the sensor has gone down if i hooked it up on a switch and had it on most of the time would it be ok?

·
Registered
700 Posts
It does come on when the engine coolant gets to 90 deg C, hence the thermo switch at the base of the radiator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts