GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home last night in an 'enthusiastic' manner and as I rounded a left hand bend on a country road at what I'll describe as exactly 60mph Basil Brush decided he was going to run out into the road about 20 feet in front of me. All I had time to do was notice how well lit he was by my headlights.

There was a thud as you'd expect and for a brief moment Basil was airborn in front of the car, about four feet off the ground. At this point it occurred to me that any moment now he was going to land back on the road directly in my path and that the fewer times he hit the front of my car the better. So I took minor evasive action; I swerved about 12 inches to the left - that's all the room I had. Luckily, Basil landed on the road and bounced to the right and I think he went to the right of the car. Either that or he went directly underneath it - either way there certainly wasn't a second impact.

Anyway, I was only about a mile from home so I carried on expecting the worst but relieved that the rear edge of my bonnet was still where it had been! Got home, got the torch out and other than some fur stuck to the bottom of the splitter there appears to be absolutely no damage whatsoever. The now famous pedestrian protection system hadn't deployed. My super soft black paint wasn't scratched (although it was slightly furrier than it had been) and my no-doubt-very-expensive front splitter wasn't... split. I rechecked this morning in daylight and everyting is just fine!

So it just goes to show, you can hit things in a GT-R and it doesn't cost £11k everytime. In fact, all it costs is a bit of soap and water to get the fur off. Mind you, I'm not sure Mrs Basil will agree with that.

Jon

P.S One fox was very seriously hurt in the making of this episode.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think it’s lucky you missed the puppeteer! Unless it was really a murder and Basil was pushed?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks like we might need to run with sirens and a lights ala Safari rally to keep our no claims bonus and front clip intact!

Sod it, Lets get bull bars!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
There were two large deer in the road last night at Eversley, I drove between the two of them - luckily they would have heard me coming and thought "what the 'ell is that" and decided to stand still for once...

Truth is Id' be really upset if I hit a deer or a fox and probably would have spent the night in some emergency vets if he was still alive...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts