GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

It's been a busy Sunday .... a couple of new additions :smokin: with big thanks to Joe and Albert at Knight Racer :thumbsup: .... then a deletion :( .... more of that later, first some pics of the goodies:

a new blade .....

and a new front splitter, which has now been taken off :( I live in an area where the council breed speed bumps of all shapes and sizes and I must have scrapped all of them today after fitting this, so it went on, and has now come off, at least for the time being, but it will be back :)

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Looks superb mate!!!

The pics of the rear wing have come out really well.

I have the same problem with my lower splitter, but its never been off my car!!! You just have to live with it or take a detour!!!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a couple of more pics of the car with the new splitter fitted. It makes the front 20mm lower than the old stock splitter, but that 20mm is enough for me to scrape every speed bump in the area (the car was lowered in an earlier life in Japan).

Do I hate our local council :flame:

If I had kept it on I would not have been able to drive to work at all as all routes to work have speed bumps :(

So, for the moment, this has been removed and I'm back to the old front splitter.

·
6,817 Posts
Carbon-ads are like diamonds for the boys:D

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Suits it very well indeed..... Certainly bonnet and mirrors are next ;)

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Suits it very well indeed..... Certainly bonnet and mirrors are next ;)
I'll let you in on something .... my wife hates the look of them :eek:

Picture the scene, my son and I have just completed the work and are standing back admiring how good she looks, my son shouts on his mother to come out and have a look .... :eek: she almost screamed is disbelief that we had removed the original blue blade and put this "thing" on .... "but it's black, it's not blue !" she exclaimed, "and what is wrong with it, it looks like it's made of material" :rolleyes:

We thought she was joking, but no, she genuinely hates the look of the carbon fibre .... unbeliveable .... but then the car is my mid life crises, not the missus' :chuckle:

·
6,817 Posts
I'll let you in on something .... my wife hates the look of them :eek:

:chuckle:
lol my wife says that if I drive a car with carbon bits, she will never look at me again, driving that car . . . "Carbon looks like broken cheap plastic for her"

God help us . . . :runaway:

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
wow the car looks awesome with those carbon additions Ian and looked like a lush day to get the work done too :D I can totally relate tho - my girlf hated my car and swore by skodas.. claimed mine was too low, too long, ugly, noisy, useless impractical thing ...prob why she split up with me last week after 9months but there y'go - at least my xmas pressy list is a touch shorter meaning I can spend the saved pennies on an uprated TUUUUUURRRRRBBBO!! ;)

good work man - looks a monster ...have a look about you can get carbon trims for the B-pillars too - they look really nice :)
ant
ps say hi to James for me too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts