GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the full story,

I'm not really a videogame addict, but when I was 15, I was used to spend nights playing Gran Turismo 1 on the very first playstation, with some friends. By this time, having always been a race car enthusiast, I already knew about GTRs...
So the car I had chosen to race with in Gran Turismo was a GTR...a nice white R33 GTR. Yes, I've actually been dreaming of owning this car since 14 years... :runaway:

Being French, this car has never been imported in my country and it's almost impossible to have it homologated and registered... So I thought this would always only be a dream. I already own several other very powerfull cars, but I was still in love with a white R33... :(

Finally, this year, I decided that it was time to offer myself a very nice present... I was having hard times at work and needed a new toy to put a huge smile back on my face.
Thanks to a mate living in UK, I finally found solutions to all the problems I had to face to officialy own a GTR. :)
Cash was sitting in my pocket, just had to find the proper car...the very car which would match my dreams. ;)
Owning a 500+ bhp GTI-R (which I entered TOTB 2006 with), I first thought I didn't need a massive specs car and that 400ish bhp would be just perfect to avoid being killed by M3s once back in France. So I browsed the adds on the board and on pistonheads... I asked people opinions about several car...and finally I've decided that there was no point in being reasonable when making a dream come true. :D

So I went for this very nice example, sold by Jurgen from JM Imports (top guy, top service, very helpfull, I really recommand him! :thumbsup: ).

specs:
- BNR34 Overhualed engine (approx 8,000 km ago)
- BNR34 N1 OIL pump
- BNR34 N1 water pump
- TOMEI OIL pan baffle plate
- TRUST block stud KIT
- TOMEI metal gasket
- HKS STEP1 IN 264 EX 264 camshaft
- HKS sliding cam pulley
- HKS GT 2530×2 twin turbo KIT
- N1 adjustment type actuator x2
- SARD 720 cc injectors
- TRUST super suction KIT
- TRUST air lynx
- NISMO intercooler
- TRUST intercooler piping kit
- APEX front pipe
- Custom Straight through 4 Inch Exhaust
- ESSENTIAL oil catch tank
- HKS F - CON V - PRO gold (currently using a Tweenie Rob map)
- HKS EVC 6 boost controller
- NISMO 320 km speedometer
- Splitfire CoilPacks
- NISMO strengthening clutch
- NISMO lightweight flywheel
- NISMO quick shift
- CUSCO type MZ LSD
- GOODRIDGE stain mesh clutch line
- CUSCO pillow ball tension rod
- CUSCO front upper arm
- CUSCO rear upper link
- OHLINS shocks (with adjustable ride height)
- EIBACH spring
- CUSCO anti roll bar
- BREMBO F40 front brake caliper - 355 mm 2 piece front rotors
- ENDLESS brake pad
- APP stain mesh brake hose
- BUDDY CLUB P 1- QF 18 inch wheel 10 J +12
- POTENZA RE -01 R 265-35-18
- N1 Bumper vents
- N1 Bonnet Lip
- Nismo Clear front & side lenses
- Tinted Windows
- Nardi Steering Wheel
- Aquamist Water Injection Kit
- HI-CAS Removal Custom Bar
- Defi gauges
- Custom Leather Interior
- Sony radio (with bluetooth, etc.)

mods to come:
- Nismo clutch slave cylinder (to be fitted by the next week-end)
- Power FC D-Jetro (which I'll remap myself on a dyno, like I've done for all my other cars ;) )
- an extra set of 18' wheels for the track days (265/35/18 Yokos waiting)...

All other pics: R33 GTR

other nice cars pictured by my friend: HoYeah pictures

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
christ almighty, top shelf stuff all the way through, with just a couple exceptions. A TR map, and very nice Brembos!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And this is what happens when, at 2am, your clutch master cylinder decides to blow a seal...

Location: in the very center of Paris, between "Jardin du Luxembourg" and the "Pantheon", very touristic area...

Oh, needless to say there was a girl sitting next to me...and it was the first time I showed her one of my toys. She had to wait for my friend (came to help) with me...during 1hour...

Classic.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't worry: usual unforgetable moment. Great fun after all. Considering where the car was put on stands, in the middle of the street in Paris, with monuments and tourists...

At the end I dropped the front splitter and we towed the car to a gate of the orb' and then I came back home without declutching (easy when you know how to do it ;) ).

Anyway, thinking about the face of the cop who saw an old bimmer (E30 with M3 3L engine!) towing a UK plate Skyline with a rope makes me laugh again!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I saw you parking in front of the castle at Dampierre-en-Yvelines about a month ago... After living a Japan for a while I was quite surprised to see one of those in France! I was with the group with all the sports cars across the road from where you were parked. Nobody could figure out what car it was! Really nice car you got there, btw... White R33 GTR with black wheels is just the best combo imo.
Exhaust must hang quite low underneath judging by the scrapping sound!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Greta pictures of a great spec car:thumbsup:
One question though, why do you want to ditch the Fcon V Pro in favour for the Djetro? I thought the Fcon Vpro was much better.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
yeah also very confused about the vcon pro move as well!

unless there are no tuners of it around you?
personally id keep it and fly rob out or something!!

car is stunning though and what a spec! awesome buy matey!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thx for the comments mates! :)

Tom80: amazing! Yeah, it was me! Here in France people always stare at the car, not believing what they see. You can always read on their lips the words "skyline" and "gran turismo". It's really great to drive this car because it sticks a smile on everybody's face, really. And I don't talk about the eyes of children... "GTR: happiness for eveyrone" :thumbsup:
BTW, are you French or just living in France?

Jambo32GTR: it's also my favourite...I've put it as screensaver on my laptop. ;)

SkylineGTRCy: pics of the cop? lol

Hodgie & G40tee: it's actually quite simple. The EVC6 has two modes: A and B. Fuelling and ignition timing seem to be quite well mapped. But when you switch to "off mode", the fuelling is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too lean. It seems it just hasn't been tuned in this mode. Idle is also too lean (17:1)...so is the car when cruising at 70mph.
Actually, it seems that the car has been mapped in Japan and that it only has been fine tuned in UK to cope with UK fuel. I don't know for sure. I've been in touch with TR but some of his answers didn't quite satisfy me (maybe he has forgotten some details as he had his hands on the car more than a year ago).
Anyway, he locked the F-Con, so if I want to fine tune it, I actually have to remap it from scratch or cross the Channel and half of UK to have my idle and low boost mode modified!! Pointless. I have access to a dyno and I'm used to PFCs...And I like to have a car running on my own map. Even if I'm pissed off to start from zero just to sort such a small problem...

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Greta pictures of a great spec car:thumbsup:
One question though, why do you want to ditch the Fcon V Pro in favour for the Djetro? I thought the Fcon Vpro was much better.
I'm guessing it's hard for him to find a mapper for the HKS ecu?

*EDIT* Too slow at typing!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts