GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
down force

Hi buddy, Im pushing 645 hp and expecting that weather this Saturday as well, feel you:( Do you have any gut feel about the 2 front canards affecting your cornering capabilities? Do you have understeer, if not how have you fought against it, 4wd controller etc?

sam

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
you should be more worried about oversteer on a standard ATTESA R32 GTR.

Using a TSC will allow you to dial in a good balance or even understeer compared to the tail happy standard nature of an R32 GTR.

I'm hazzarding a guess that the cannards above are just for looks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I see

That confirms my doubts about a fixed transfer case: My ATTESA has not been working as stock, Hicas is disabled but my t-case has been tampered some how in Japan. Car is extremely hard to push anyway except a straight line. For now I ve been driving it with extensive throttle usage. Im about to switch to a a OSG-kit prepped gearbox and during that op we ll look into the t case as well. Ive got a Ruzic controller, but its useless if there is something mechanical done to the tcase I suppose.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking good mate. Nice weather for it too! What track is it?
It never stopped raining all day:(
The track is Mondello-Park.

Was this the MLR Track Day at Mondello...??

Nice Pic's... Pants weather...:thumbsup:
Yeah it was the MLR day, but a bunch of the GTROC lads were there as well:thumbsup:
nice looking car :) white is the best colour :)

Looks a bit front heavy with all the cannards etc though - needs a big gay wing to even it up :D
Thanks mate:) I was thinking the same, but it's hard to find a nice wing that will suit the car and compliment the front end. Not going to rush into anything just yet;)
Hi buddy, Im pushing 645 hp and expecting that weather this Saturday as well, feel you:( Do you have any gut feel about the 2 front canards affecting your cornering capabilities? Do you have understeer, if not how have you fought against it, 4wd controller etc?

sam
Adam is right the canards are just for looks but act well as rain deflectors too:D
One thing that would transform the car is a torque split controller. This is something im definately going to invest in in the future.
I did notice quite a bit of understeer too at times, but it's easy to correct that with a bit of throttle;)....:D

Heres a sample vid of a few laps:

YouTube - MLR Trackday Skyline Part 2

·
Registered
393 Posts
It never stopped raining all day:(
The track is Mondello-Park.

Yeah it was the MLR day, but a bunch of the GTROC lads were there as well:thumbsup:

Thanks mate:) I was thinking the same, but it's hard to find a nice wing that will suit the car and compliment the front end. Not going to rush into anything just yet;)

Adam is right the canards are just for looks but act well as rain deflectors too:D
One thing that would transform the car is a torque split controller. This is something im definately going to invest in in the future.
I did notice quite a bit of understeer too at times, but it's easy to correct that with a bit of throttle;)....:D

Heres a sample vid of a few laps:

YouTube - MLR Trackday Skyline Part 2

Kev your car dose not under steer at all. That would you trying to overdrive the car.

Robbie

·
Registered
361 Posts
good ma kev.:wavey: long time no speak... how are ya? the cars looking well. its japfest time again are ya going? wasn't asked to go on the skyline stand this year so **** them but i'll be there rooting around anyway.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They look superb, not often you see gr.A mirrors on road going R32's! :cool:

Any engine pics and spec.?
Forged engine, 34n1tubbies, power fc, few other bits and pieces but nothing over the top.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Some more pics from that weekend...

Don't let this man near a post office.

Nor this one for that matter

Pack of Vipers...

IMS not wanting to be left out...

Who let this on track...

Says it all...

Ouch!

The Landy hassling the Evo X..