GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago after reading alot of speculation about the new GTR paint softness and that owners were now worried about there paint and that others were put off from buying one I put together a car care demo meet for the owners of GTRs :thumb:

With over 12 GTRs under my belt now and lots more booked in I believe I have the experience to show that not everything you read and hear is true.
Now dont get me wrong the paint IS very soft but I wanted to show that with the right products and knowledge you CAN keep this paint in tip top condition.

So today was the day and I bought in Alex from Elite car care to help out and offer the right products to the owners available there and then after the demo with evertything fresh in there minds from what they have learnt and seen. :thumb:

Good turnout with people that owned GTRs and also people that were waiting for there delivery, and great to meet a bunch of top guys :thumb:

The aim for today was to give these guys a well documented run through the whole process of a safe wash technique and I also demo'd a little machining and some demo's from Zaino:thumb:

A few pics from today.

And a snippet of the cars that turnt up :thumb:

BIG thank you to Alex from Elite car care for helping out with the day and opening up to supply products on a sunday :thumb:

All in all a great day and good to meet some great guys :thumb:

Robbie

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Thought i would add my pics to this thread as well. Awesome day out with lots of knowledge parted by both Robbie and Alex, oh and the Tea's not to bad either.

The Donor Car - Black R35 - Pre Wash

Snow Foam

2 Bucket Method Shampoo

Wheels

Towel drying, claybar, machine polish, sealant and finish to come tomorrow - im too tired after a long day :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks !

Many thanks to Rob (Magic) and Alex (Elite care care) for their time and patience, and coffee and for imparting knowledge to everybody.

For those who could not make it, Rob ran through (in memory order ...)

Wheel cleaning (Bilbury neutral solution)
Snow foaming
Additional sprary of wheel cleaner (inside of wheels)
Wash Down

Washing – 2 Bucket method (! Wash solution, 1 Clean water)
Wash Down of car

Quick spray over of final touch solution (This was a revelation)
Then dry of car using microfiber drying cloths

At the end of this (30 mins tops with conversation) the donor black GTR looked great !

Then additional show of clay, why and how to, allowing actual hands on of the guys there (removes the mystique of clay), then machine polish (I had to leave before this bit)

All interspersed with how to remove tar / clean the wheels, tyre dressing, interior leather care, product recommendations etc. no hard sells, just an professional and enthusiast giving knowledge and advice - Brilliant ! Can fully recomend Rob and his work, and I think his bookings of GTR now vouch for themselves (including the wrapping service).

Good to meet everyone (of the forums names I remembered- TitaniumGTR) – I was glad it was wet / dirty at the start of the day, as my white GTR then did not look too out of place with the not so dirty other cars :)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for taking the time to pop down and also thanks for your input post above.

I am happy that you went away with the knowledge of how to carefully clean and look after your GTR.

As said on the day any questions or queries I am more than happy to help.

Thank you again for the great comments

Robbie

·
Registered
119 Posts
Final Touch ?

May I ask .. what is final touch solution?
I have not heard of this term/product before

Regards

SS

·
Registered
125 Posts
What I also found useful was Alex's master stroke of turning the heater on in the unit which stopped my feet from falling off :)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quick spray over of final touch solution (This was a revelation)[/QUOTE said:
Can you give the details of this final touch solution.......Everything else I use, plus some but this is a new one on me.

Thanks

Lindsay

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What I also found useful was Alex's master stroke of turning the heater on in the unit which stopped my feet from falling off :)
:chuckle: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Robbie

Thank you for that -- How does this differ to the likes of Zaino Z8?

Regards

SS
2 totally different products mate.

Last touch will add some shine where as Z8 will add lots of shine and more importantly it will add protection.

As I said I only use the Last touch as a drying aid and also for claybar lube.

When your free pop over and I will run some bits past you if that helps :thumbsup:

Robbie

·
Registered
119 Posts
Meguiars Last Touch Spray Detailer

Thats great thank you.

Suddenly it is all sinking in!

Now all I need is some good weather and a couple hours spare...
I very much appreciate the offer and will take you up on it when I can.

Best Regards

SS

·
Registered
196 Posts
Was that last weekend F&^k sorry mate meant to make it didn't realise it was then - put me on the mailing list for next time please!

By the way i used the 2 bucket method you taught me on my wife's MPV comment from her "I've never seen it so shiny"

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was that last weekend F&^k sorry mate meant to make it didn't realise it was then - put me on the mailing list for next time please!

By the way i used the 2 bucket method you taught me on my wife's MPV comment from her "I've never seen it so shiny"
No worries Dave
I will let you know about the next one (few months time) and hope to see you then :thumbsup:

Glad your using the bits you got to max effect and you know what they say:

HAPPY WIFE - HAPPY LIFE :thumbsup:

Take care mate

Robbie

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
395 Posts
Haha i am in the pictures looking Ugly!!!!

What a DAY!!!!! Robbie and Alex are the most helpful people ever. There arnt many people on this earth who give you there time and knowledge for nothing but just becasue they love there jobs and want people to get the best out of there car care. There should be like some appreciation Award for them or somthing. Thanx for all your time and help guys. Really learnt alottttttttttttttttttt of tips and do's and Donts!

Also Great to meet you other R35 owners loving the colour choices. And Cant Forget that kick Ass R32 that was louder than anything there. "love your car man" and great to see you again.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Damn i missed it too, i saw a metion on your site about some type:sadwavey: of open day but didnt relise it was so soon. It would be niced to be mailed regarding next one. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts