GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps.
Apart from fitting my HKS EVC unit this weekend I am looking to grab the Tein Super Street Coil-over package and complimentary EDFC unit (Havent ordered them yet). I will be posting a step by step fitting guide on this thread.

It's a lot of money to relieve any ones pocket of so perhaps the best way to kick off this guide is by suggesting where the best place to get them is.

This would not only be useful to me but others so, anybody have any suggestions as to where to purchase them from?

Once the kit arrives, I will re-open the thread with photos and a step by guide.

:thumbsup:

TheD

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thread Update:

Ok, so - after lots of phoning, emailing etc. After discussion with **** at Abbey Motorsport, I got what I feel is a great deal on the Tein Super Streets. Should be with me tomorrow.

The first thing to consider is that having all that ability to lower the car on coilovers is going to throw the camber out so we need the ability to adjust it beyond the scope of the standard set-uo.

On this particular set, they come with top mounts but not adjustable pillow ball mounts (even so, I would think the range of adjustment on pillow ball mounts not enough alone).

So in order to allow for compensation, for the camber, I started to consider the options of upper adjustable camber arms, for both front and back.

After much deliberation I settled on Driftworks offerings as they are well priced an specked. I was considering Cusco arms, but, at nearly twice as expensive, I couldn't warrent the expense.

What i'm looking for is the ability for occasional track use but mostly commuting and pleasure in mind,.. ...so these components are more than suitable.

If I was considering more time on track I would probably wait and get more track focused suspension but the super streets provide a great compromise between the both.

Here are the links for Abbey, and the mounts for the adjustable arms:

Abbey Motorsport - The home of Skyline tuning...

R32/Z32 Front Upper Camber Arms

Driftworks Camber Arms S14/S15/R33

My next post will hopefully be the process of fitting the coilovers as well as the camber arms.

·
Registered
55 Posts
good thread. look forward to seeing the fitting guide and an overall road review once its all done....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good thread. look forward to seeing the fitting guide and an overall road review once its all done....
Hi mate, guides on hold at mo :( Fitted them but more pressing issues arose such as the cam belt tensioner falling to bits and the crank / cams becoming out of sink.

It's no Skyline for me for a while

·
Registered
55 Posts
sorry to hear that.

I've just gone for Nismo S-tunes with nismo circuit links and nismo ARB's, will let you know how I get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts