GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that might get some attention. :D But it’s true. :eek:

I was at the Essen Motor show yesterday, (I forgot the camera :rolleyes: ) After thanking the Falken rep for the tyres I bought there 2 years ago, he gave me some Skyline GT-R related promo gifts i.e., Matchbox size R33, ;) an R34 mouse mat, and a R34 pin.
Anyone interested in this kind of stuff let me know.

They agreed to sell me any that’s leftover next week for just a few DM each. ;)

I might just use these as bait to tempt some of you to come to the ring. :D

Paul.

PS Isn’t it amazing how things turnout.

After nearly 4 years of trying to find someone to look after my GT-R in Germany, I find 2 in day at the same place and minutes apart. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey Paul,

do you know where I can look up time records for the RING?
I have a debate with a friend over Skyline time and speed record at the RING.

Thanks,
Robb

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ring meisters

Hi Robb,

Here’s some info I got from www.nurburgring.org It doesn’t include the Skyline R33 GT-R record of 7:59 which was the first “production car” to go under 8 minutes. There is a bit of controversy over this as the car in question was rumored to be “chipped” i.e. the ECU was not original. :rolleyes:

Things will be heating between the Porsche Tuners next year with Ruf :cool: and Tech Art :smokin:, displaying new ‘ringers’ at Essen this week I’ll get pictures Sunday.

Lap records:

Below are what I understand to be the current lap-records for the Nordschleife. It all gets a bit grey with what are effectively street-legalised race cars, and 'production cars' sold in tiny numbers. For reference, the record for the old full circuit is held by Clay Regazzoni, who did a 7:06.4 lap in a Ferrari Formula 1 car in the 1975 Grand Prix when the circuit was 1.2 miles longer.

6:25.80 Lap record Stefan Bellof Porsche 956 1983 [1]
7:32.52 Road-legal car record Wolfgang Kaufmann Gemballa Porsche 600 2001
7:46.0 Production car record Horst von Saurma Porsche GT2 (Standard) 2001
7:49.70 Motorcycle record Helmut Daehne Honda RC30 1993
[note 1] Bellof did a 6:11 in practice, but this isn't counted for official record purposes

Paul.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Running Rings

Guy,

I’m going to meet the Kfz-Meister (professional mechanic) that “setup” that car early in the New Year. :)

It’s been my experience there that it’s not what you got but how you use it. :p

There are local young men in Astra’s, Golf’s etc that can pass tuned Porsche GT2-3’s with ease. :eek:

I do believe a well setup well driven 220bhp Caterham R500, could be driven from England, do a 7:49 lap and go home again, would “run rings around” a 700bhp Supra. :smokin:

Anyway that’s been done. :rolleyes:

Paul.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evo gets around

Guy,

Those Evo boy’s sure have some nice cars for their paper round. :)

Paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts