GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, only taken me 6 years but here goes.

My name is Shaun and Im from near Southport.
I have owned/own 4 skyline GTRs since 2006, one r32 and 3 r33s.
I currently own a 1995 r33 gtr v spec and a 1991 r32 gtr which Is part way through a project. I also have another 1995 r33 which is partially stripped for parts.
Pics to follow as I need to do some more posting first.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just joined back in 2008 and hardly used the forum. Just thought it was about time I shared my skyline experiences.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found it addictive and after owning 2 33 GTRs drove a 32 Gtr and wanted one.
So the 33s getting sold and I'm on with my 32 project.
Sat in a 34 yesterday so after a pair of seats from one, pricey though !

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Welcome to the forum ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcomes

So.... Gonna get posting as I want to get plenty of pics on.
I bought the 32 as a good shell which had a rebuilt engine in the car but hadn't been finished off and had a boot full of the parts off the car..... Don't you just love finishing off someone else's job !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As for mods.... I'm planning of using the engine I removed from my r33 gtr which has forged pistons, tomei cams, 2860 turbos, I will go in to more detail as I go along. Basically anything that would fit the 32 off my 33 which is now a near standard car which was made standard using a rotten one I bought.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As for the parts that won't fit an r32 gtr of a 33 as follows...
Coil overs are different so I sold them on.
The Mishimoto radiator off my 33 is taller and mounts differently but would like to try and make this fit my modifying the 32 slightly.
I have changed the wiring loom on the engine to the r32 loom which luckily was in one of the boxes of part I got with the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The power extreme exhaust system from the cat back is different too so I've left this on my now standard r33.

The nismo intercooler and greddy hard pipe kit look promising all I've had to do is cut at the bumper bar a bit.....
Pics will follow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before being a skyline owner I had owned all kinds of motors including astra GTEs cavalier SRi s then bought an Evo 4.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After a year and I'd already put an other engine in the Evo I decided I'd up grade to an Evo 6.
But as I arrived at singleton service station to view an Evo 6 they had on the forecourt, something else on the other side of the wall caught my eye.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was this beauty, it drew me in and within minutes I'd talked myself into a road test and the Evo 6 was a distant memory.
So much so after the road test I'd agreed a deal and part chopped the Evo against this awesome machine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Comparing the skyline with the Evo I'd say the Skyline was a lot less forgiving as it has more of a rwd feel than the Evo.
Where as you'd just point and accelerate with the Evo but the skyline would take more skill to drive plus more satisfaction.
More so this skyline had more than 400 bhp with its steel internal turbos, hks cam shafts, hks induction kit and hks super dragger which all made it so lively and sounded epic !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts