GTR Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Another Alpine IVA-D300R unit user.

Recommend it highly. Excellent unit. Touch screen (or pulse touch as they like to call it), and usual Alpine refinements.

As Perra has already mentioned; doesn't hamper the gear change, and only covers the A/C controls. Also expandability with this unit is massive, as it comes with a seperate brain unit, which has 3/4 AV inputs, and one seperate one for Reversing camera.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
if I move the air con unit up to where the sat/nav unit is just now it's going to be too narrow of the gap - but I seen some cars where the air con unit fits perfrectly with no cf or 'packer plates' at the sides - are ther tow widths of air con units?

stop mentioning all this expanabilty Virdee, I'm gonna be skint soon anyway!!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I think we all are going to be!!! Just giving my advice!!! Whats the point of a
monitor if you can't use it to its full potential!

Maybe you can check mine out when you come down! Tempt you even more!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
duka said:
if I move the air con unit up to where the sat/nav unit is just now it's going to be too narrow of the gap - but I seen some cars where the air con unit fits perfrectly with no cf or 'packer plates' at the sides - are ther tow widths of air con units?

stop mentioning all this expanabilty Virdee, I'm gonna be skint soon anyway!!
Steve
There are two widths of heater control front fascias. It's only the front that clips on though, not the full unit. I bought the narrow one from Nissan to convert mine.
IMO you've got the best setup anyway. You can put a motorized screen in place of the factory sat nav unit which has a few benefits.
It will be higher up and easier to see.
Won't get in the way of the gearstick.
And won't cover heater controls.

If you were to convert yours you'd need the wide heater finisher and the 2 pressed steel side plates that go behind all the trim (which are the very bits I took off mine ;) ).

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Great minds think alike!!! It is a superb unit.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I was thinking of getting Digital Radio and Digital TV fitted too and maybe sat nav, but some guy called Virdee keeps making me spend money on leather things. lol. ;)

Graham

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I have seen that one and I know it is good, but how about camera detection etc ?
Origin B2 might be pricey but has never missed a camera and no false alerts ever. Its the only one that detects all the different types of camera

Don't by a separate laser / radar detector because they are being made illegal shortly

Cheers Sean

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
DODGY said:
I was thinking of getting Digital Radio and Digital TV fitted too and maybe sat nav, but some guy called Virdee keeps making me spend money on leather things. lol. ;)

Graham
Hmmmm; that name rings a bell, but not totally sure who it is!!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts