GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i read on another forum that a guy was consistently seeing low oil pressure on his R32 GTR, as in... the oil pressure always showed below 3-4 bar... say below 2 bar at idle and when revving no more than 3 or 4 bar...

changed oil, oil filter, and hooked up aftermarket oil sensor gauges, and even a mechanical gauge... confirmed the readings.. still low.

he then commented saying it was a symptom of the backing plate being loose on the OEM oil pump, and used this as his grounds for tearing out the engine and doing a rebuild!!

can anyone explain this? are those actually symptoms of that? and what does it mean that the oil pressure is always consistently low like that?

i asked him to verify this on his build thread im just waiting for him to finish the work... but anyone else know about this?

thanks,

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I've heard about something like this, something like the bolts working themselves loose. I dont think it's new though, I'm sure I've read it on here in the past.

Can you tell I'm not a mechanic?:p

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i didnt mean "new" as in it JUSt started happening to people, i mean its not very well documented.. but yea thats the idea,, the bolts un-do themselves...

can anyone corraborate?

·
Registered
715 Posts
seen the odd bolt loose, but one every few years. I would get overly concerned about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.