GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would put this in the NHPC section but the forum doesn't seem to know that I'm a GTROC member (mods, feel free to move - the GTROC have let you know).

As a long time forum member of Pistonheads I know how often bad news had pages of discussion, and good news rarely get's posted.

So I just thought I would say that I am seriously impressed with Westover in Bournmouth/Poole.

I bought my MY11 from them recently (3 months ago) and was somewhat surprised to see the computer "bing" at me and tell me I needed an oil change in 850 or so miles.

A quick query to the service centre confirmed that it was indeed a mileage limit that was being breached (very nice to see them keeping records so they can ensure you know where you are).

Now, having bought it three months ago it did seem strange that it would need an oil service at the cost that a NHPC charges.

Having queried if this was therefore really reasonable, the original sales person realised that they had made a mistake in not doing it early (or ensuring I was aware it was due), and immediately, *unprompted* offered me a deal where the cost compared to having it done before it was sold to me, and then having the next one done at the appropiate time, meant the whole thing was cash neutral to me (as effectively I would had "lost" 2000 miles left on the current oil had they done that).

Now, you can't really ask fairer than that, as overall it's cost the same, and also means that perfectly good oil wasn't thrown down the drain.

Gerard Reidy clearly comes from the same sales school as we send our sales people on for my company, and is IMHO a credit to his company.

I am one *very* happy NHPC customer given this experience, and just re-enforces the positive experience I had when buying it. Long may it continue!

J

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Thanks for posting that up J, nice to have a good comment and it is Customer Service or lack thereof that kills a lot of customer loyalty.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Great to hear a good story on here about a NHPC,
I thought I was the only person on here who still uses them, :clap:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Westover nissan

I can only praise Nissan at Bournemouth / poole. My ignition lock stopped working so I could not start the car.
Westover nissan contacted Nissan and I was told that the lock should not fail on a British car and that they would pay for the lock - even though the car is out of warranty.

So I am a happy chappie!
regards
Shaun

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never understood this type of comment to be honest.

It happened over Noble dealers. Some people say there were shit, but I've had mine serviced at the main dealer for over 12 years now and have nothing but praise for them, and yet you find many comments from other Noble owners who have used them that are like yours and the other negative ones above.

Still, I value good old fashioned service and am generally an amenable customer to a overall fair deal. Other's may call it being a mug, me I call it business, and it seems to work.

Cooper Croydon however are a different kettle of fish, but then again Cooper Sevenoaks are fine (as the no quiblle, no cost top end rebuild on my M seemed to prove)

I'm intrigued why you think a good experience can't last? Are you basing it on your own experience with them? Does everyone that uses them have a bad experience - funny how the NHPC section doesn't seem to have hardly any comments about them if it really is that cut and dry (and I know, because I checked extensively before I bought from them, one thing this forum is very useful for).

J

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can only praise Nissan at Bournemouth / poole. My ignition lock stopped working so I could not start the car.
Westover nissan contacted Nissan and I was told that the lock should not fail on a British car and that they would pay for the lock - even though the car is out of warranty.
So I am a happy chappie!
regards
Shaun
Interesting, seeing as there is thread after thread (http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/173859-steering-lock-failure.html being just one) at the moment about how Nissan absolutely won't cover ignition locks and non-starting issues.

What did surprise me was when I queried it with the service guys and and asked them to get Gerard to ring me, he immediately came forward with a proactive suggestion over email about a fair position for their oversight in either not doing the oil change early, or discussing the options with me.

I didn't even need to speak or email him saying "this is wrong and not what we discussed".

As I say, we try and ram that into the 400+ sales/presales/service people I have in 13 countries around the world to be like that, so it's a nice surprise given all the comments when it happens back to you.

J

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait until you have a problem ... You will want to burn all HPCs down !!
But I did, the computer went bong and you can't ignore it.

Given I'm now just paying for 2000 miles of the service, which is what I used, I'm clearly missing it because a bit of arson hasn't even crossed my mind???

J

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Interesting, seeing as there is thread after thread (http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/173859-steering-lock-failure.html being just one) at the moment about how Nissan absolutely won't cover ignition locks and non-starting issues.

What did surprise me was when I queried it with the service guys and and asked them to get Gerard to ring me, he immediately came forward with a proactive suggestion over email about a fair position for their oversight in either not doing the oil change early, or discussing the options with me.

I didn't even need to speak or email him saying "this is wrong and not what we discussed".

As I say, we try and ram that into the 400+ sales/presales/service people I have in 13 countries around the world to be like that, so it's a nice surprise given all the comments when it happens back to you.

J
This is the man who ordered the wrong car for a customer and forget to tell another customer that the car he was selling had been modified despite Darren the tech knowing the full story as he was there when the customer put his Cobb on - I used to respect Gerard but sadly he really let me down and has yet to apologise

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I have used the same Westover HPC about 3 or 4 times in the last year and found them faultless. They have ways seemed to look after me and take whatever time it takes to talk through any queries I have with the car.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I don't get why it's an oversight in not doing an early oil change, it's due when it's due i.e. 9k miles, so presumably a customer knows that when he buys the car? Sounds like you're a VIP customer :) but fair play to them.

My past experiences with a local non HPC Nissan dealer have been horrific, you wouldn't believe what they did to my vehicle, so I'm a bit wary of using any many dealers now, but I'll be taking the GT-R to Bristol NHPC in around a month's time for its first service, so that will be interesting! Hopefully I'll be able to report back good things :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't get why it's an oversight in not doing an early oil change, it's due when it's due i.e. 9k miles, so presumably a customer knows that when he buys the car? Sounds like you're a VIP customer :) but fair play to them.
The car was meant to be fully "checked and serviced" which is what you (well, I do anyway) expect when you buy from a dealer rather than a private sale.

I was therefore a bit surprised when the computer went bong 3 months in.

Bit as you say, perhaps I'm special, people often tell me I'm special, but then normally add the word needs to that :chuckle:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Darren and Gerard are two exceptional individuals that provide the customer service how it should be done and without any doubt this is the place that i would use to purchase my next GTR!:clap:

·
Registered
248 Posts
The problem with any large dealership car trade outfit is the overriding industry culture. Individuals can be fantastic but evetually even fantastic individuals have to bow to this superior force from managers, accountants, culture etc

So in my experience you can get lucky and find some good guys and with the 3 or 4 interactions a year you have and it could take years for it all to go horribly wrong...but eventually it does.

I was having a right love in with my NHPC. I thought I had found paradise. I bought 2 new cars from them in 2 years, tonnes of servicing blah blah. It was bliss dealing with them. Letters to the MD commending their set up etc etc. Then they recommended the most bent body shop to me for some work and I thought hmmm these guys actually do business with eachother on a regular basis, how can that be...then I found out they had the same ethos when the NHPC tried to scam me out of £1,500 on a completely unrelated issue.

Completely incredible, I couldn't believe it, the great staff there couldn't believe it but they had no say. I then had to sue them to get my money which took all of 10 minutes because it was such an open and shut case.

I was so perplexed by there behaviour I asked my lawyer if they had seen such a ridiculous example before. This was his answer:

"My experience of car dealers is that they are all car dealers, whether selling cheap or expensive cars; whether selling from a outdoor lot, or a chrome and glass palace!"

I am still in touch with the fantastic staff there but of course could never give that company my custom again.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
The problem with any large dealership car trade outfit is the overriding industry culture. Individuals can be fantastic but evetually even fantastic individuals have to bow to this superior force from managers, accountants, culture etc

So in my experience you can get lucky and find some good guys and with the 3 or 4 interactions a year you have and it could take years for it all to go horribly wrong...but eventually it does.

I was having a right love in with my NHPC. I thought I had found paradise. I bought 2 new cars from them in 2 years, tonnes of servicing blah blah. It was bliss dealing with them. Letters to the MD commending their set up etc etc. Then they recommended the most bent body shop to me for some work and I thought hmmm these guys actually do business with eachother on a regular basis, how can that be...then I found out they had the same ethos when the NHPC tried to scam me out of £1,500 on a completely unrelated issue.

Completely incredible, I couldn't believe it, the great staff there couldn't believe it but they had no say. I then had to sue them to get my money which took all of 10 minutes because it was such an open and shut case.

I was so perplexed by there behaviour I asked my lawyer if they had seen such a ridiculous example before. This was his answer:

"My experience of car dealers is that they are all car dealers, whether selling cheap or expensive cars; whether selling from a outdoor lot, or a chrome and glass palace!"

I am still in touch with the fantastic staff there but of course could never give that company my custom again.
This was similar to my case with Westover...had two new GTR's from Gerard and had recommended people to him - then bought third one and he lied about the history when asked specifically in writing...big cover up by the tech Darren and Gerard - undid the previous good relationship and now I avoid that place like the plague and will never recommend anyone set foot inside that place...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts