GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im paying £1500 for business use, fully comp... not cheap, but Ive only got 1 years NCB (pranged the company car last year... idiot!) adrian flux wanted to charge me over 2 grand... TPFT, A Plan didnt requre a tracker ethier... Direct line was the only other company to get under the £2000 mark...and Im 25... :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Insurance

I think the quote one gets is dependant on whomone speaks to in the brokerage. I've rung a company once and got a 'cheap' quote of one of the employees and then when I rung a few days later to accept ,I spoke to someone else and got a quote 566 squid more . I was not happy ,but from now on I take a name as well , when I get a quote ! ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Green Card

Guys,

How long can you get a green card for? In the past every UK broker I spoke to coud only give me a green card for a month or two per year. Have things got better yet?

/Dan

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm sure 99.9% if you are insured in the UK you have cover 3rd party in the EC if you want full cover, bail bonds etc you have to talk to the insurance company. The old boy lives in Spain & his car
has UK insurance has done for 3 years.

Weston

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
A-Plan

Not so good for me £2300 with 2 years NCB.

Anymore suggestions??

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
best yet

My insurance is due up next month so I made a few calls today.. a mate of mine suggested calling Barclay Card insurance, so I did ( in desperation ) they have this promise that they will beat any quote given and the magic thing is the excess is only ( wait for it) see bottom of post.....>

The beat my best quote for only £50 but dont require a tracker , best phone call I made today...

Oh except to the takeaway to get my dinner delivered :smokin:

:D :D :D :D :D £100 :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hmm

Im moving next week and all of the online insurance companies came back with no change or slightly less - rang APlan expecting nothing to do and got hit for £140 for 4 months cover till renewal!!!!!!!!

Also they wanted £400 if I went ahead with my planned changes to the car to take it from 250 to approx 275 bhp again for just 4 months......

Might be moving Insurance next time around - not happy!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i was with A-plan last year and i have just this week got my renewal and its just £720 fully comp for my 95 GTS-T
im 30 and that includes mods of HKS Blow off valve, full JUN body kit, exhaust and 19" rims......
i think its very good try 'em
Keith

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Insurance

Off £680, but I did learn that its not any quote that they will beat only the renewal, but who is to know what is a renewal or a quote from somewhere else...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
going up

...I am old older gent... hence the price

Not sure when but I know there are two times a year wherby insurances do increase for really no reason...:(

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Insurance

Well I will let you know what they say about a quotation on an R34 for me.

see if they can match the best quote I have had so far.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts