GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rarely have this problem but sometimes when I'm accelerating hard my Rb26 engine kind of stalls. This doesn't happen anytime when I'm driving normally. Only under hard acceleration when the revs go up high it starts to twitch. Any ideas what could be the problem?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Had a similar problem before.Changed coil packs and plugs,problem solved.Might not hurt to clean the afm's as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This problem has gotten A LOT worse recently. I changed the plugs, but it didn't help at all.

If I accelerate slowly/normally, there's no problem. Only when accelerating hard. It starts to jerk at around 4000rpm. Feels like it stops igniting and the engine breaks.

I don't want to buy new expensive coil packs if I'm not totally sure they're the problem. Anyone else had the same problem? This is very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
are you running standard ecu? do you have a boost controller?

If you are running a boost controller the solenoid might be playing up and over boosting..the ecu might be cutting the ignition... only a suggestion as that was a problem with mine as the previous owner had mucked about with the boost controller settings after a remap and the boost was exceding the max on the fcon v-pro ..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If you are running a boost controller the solenoid might be playing up and over boosting..the ecu might be cutting the ignition... only a suggestion as that was a problem with mine as the previous owner had mucked about with the boost controller settings after a remap and the boost was exceding the max on the fcon v-pro ..
I have both HKS F-Con Pro and HKS EVC boost controller. I think I'd seen the boost go through the roof as the boost gauge is in front of my nose. Hm... I'll definitely check that before doing anything else.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Mate.. I turned off the EVC boost controller and guess what. The problem solved! It must have been just like you said. I'll check the thing more carefully tomorrow as it's too dark to see anything now. I can't believe it was that obvious.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. You saved my day (and a lot of money too)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts