GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

My09 has only done 23k, however in the morning with the car only warm for around 5mins, when I floor it a puff of black smoke is emitted from my exhaust, its been recently serviced, perhaps unburnt fuel, residue ?, any ideas are welcomed :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
to be honest a puff of black smoke isnt a bad thing in a big power turbo car it shows the mixture is rich which helps with engine temps

not uncommon to see when flooring it after cruising at all

ifs its massive and over the top smoke then yes get the map checked but just a puff on initial acceleration would give me a feeling of comfort not worry

·
Registered
110 Posts
Black smoke is is usually fueling rich and seen a lot on gear changes especially in tuned rb engines as well as others. Car runs rich as throttle goes to the boards after a lift. White or blue smoke are bad news. Red or blue smoke should only be used for aerobatics.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes car mapped by Litchfields, much appreciated fellow members, can go to sleep now with a clear head :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
ECutek did an update to get less smoke, so I herd. I'm not sure when yours was mapped or what version of the map you have. It is possibly worth contacting Litchfield about getting the update if you dont have it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi CD09,

Appreciate your reply, I was one of the first to get updated remap for stage2, however the initial one has a bug in terms of the car hitting 2,500 revs, so maybe I'll get sorted it with the most recent update, which could be related to the black puff of smoke. :)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Having the valves connected to the turbo inlet pipe won't help either. Sucks smokey gas straight into the turbo, and back through the engine. Keeps crank case pressure down and helps with piston rings to seal. Don't worry. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate your reply, fellow members here seem to know a hell of lot about GTR's than me, so I'll rest easy. Big Thankyou :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts