GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, looking to do a bit of research on injectors before I go and buy some.

Basically, I'm looking at upgrading my turbo's in the near future and looking at about 500BHP at the wheels. From searching :)clap: ) I reckon 600cc+ injectors should do with a tiny bit to spare (Please feel free to correct me if I'm a bit too low on cc's). I've been looking at HKS, NISMO and Power Enterprise injectors and they all look about the same, which they probably are. I've been kind of put off SARD by some comments on the forum which may be unfair but, hey, thats why i'm doing my homework first :p .Do any of you have any experiences, good or bad, when speccing and fitting your injectors? Any brands which were problematic with install/quality etc? I will be bowing to the gods of bling and will probably fit a nice HKS fuel rail at the same time :chairshot .
Any thoughts and experiences would be appreciated ladies and gents.....

TT

·
Banned
466 Posts
Its fair to say your on the right program with the 600's, but 650's would be even better as theres no reason why not to over kill this portion of induction. With the manufcturers side on the table, id say stick to the tried, true and tested NISMO components.

As for the fuel rail, this is another plus in making sure there is no bottle necks in the system.

BTW, what type of fuel pump (s) are you planning on running in the car?

Cheers,

Adam

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adam, got a 255lph Walbro which should be man enough for the job. Looking on Nengun and some other sites, I see that NISMO do a 740cc injector but its not coming up as compatible for the GTR?? Bit bizarre I thought....Might be side feed?? On another site it says something about the NISMO ones needing a resistor pack change...Surely not!!
NISMO would be my first choice. I suppose since they are standard size at the top I would need the HKS 10.5mm rail as opposed to the 11mm?

TT

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Denso 720's (195500-830) are a commonly used item, they will fit into the standard rail too.

Hks injectors are denso's too.

For 500 hp with 720cc you would be running them at about 65% duty, with 600cc you would be at around 77% duty.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Could i point out to people that it is 500hp at the wheels....

600's too small imho, not enough head room for high 500 flywheel power.

Stick with the 700cc denso's, also known as 720cc...

IMPO

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.