GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

my car is due for its m.o.t soon and the hicas light is staying on all the time. what i need to know is if it is possible to blag it through the m.o.t with it on or will i need to sort it. and if not and i need to sort it what do i need to do to sort it. any help would be appreciated many thanks. scott.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you change steering wheel or have you done something else under dash? There might be just ground wire failure. Of course it can also be broken.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi. not done anything to steering wheel of anything around the dash area. so i'll go with the its just broke bit. thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Do you have a power-steering fluid leak?
I honestly don't know for sure (someone help me out), but will the HICAS light come on if the P/S fluid is low?

Justin

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I think the 33 has an electrical HICAS system and doesn't use the PAS fluid.

Also doubt that a missing HICAS bulb would fail the MOT (like ABS would). Hopefully a MOT tester can clarify. Though there's a problem somewhere that needs fixing..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did the light just go out or did it flicker for a few days then go out?
My money is on low power steering fluid in the front resovoir also check the fluid in the boot (right hand side behind cover)

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Just like to add my suggestion was a quick hack to get through an MOT; there's obviously an issue which needs addressing after that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi,

thank u all for yr input, i'll try the p/s fluid first if not just hope it goes through the m.o.t and then look at maybe a lock out bar etc. again thank u all for yr wisdom. scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts