GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Im kind of new to the skyline game (well turbo ones anyways) I've had a r33 2.0 litre non turbo as a run about for sometime and now so I took the jump and got a GTR v-spec one. The GTR i've bought is pretty standard to be honest and i'm hoping to give it abit more power, hopfully up to about 400bhp. Its currently got a Nismo Cat-back exhuast system and 2x HKS mushroom filters but thats all at the moment, What would I need to do to get my baby up to the 400bhp? people have already said turn up the boost but is this going to effect the the stock engine/turbo's? The cars only done 49k miles so I'd imagine the engine is in good condition still (I hope). Any advice is appreciated.

Regards Andy.:)

·
Premium Member
202 Posts

Hi, welcome to the fold again..lol
You have the basics in place, however i would swap out the hks pod filters as filter they dont.
To raise the boost is simple, remove the restrictor in the pipe with the yellow band on it connected to the boost solenoid, drivers side inner wing.
You will need to ensure your fuel system is in good order, maybe look out for a stage 1 ecu tweaked for running 1 bar boost.
That will put a smile on your face for a short while:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
+1
Exhaust
Filter
Boost control to 1-1.2 bar
Computer
May require fuel pump or injectors.
AFM will be maxed out and turbos won't like 1.2 bar all the time.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Don't remove the restrictor without fitting an EBC the ecu pulls the timing as it did with the other two 33 I had

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Exhaust
Filter
EBC @1bar

That will see you touching 400bhp. Definitely worth getting a remap once youve done that though the car will drive so much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts