GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a lovely drive into work today. Still getting back upto speed with the car after winter hibernation and also moved to CUP2 tyres, but I drove 30 miles to work today - mostly on motorway and A road - and did it in R-R-R mode.

Now R-normal-R is my usual setting, so the difference being the suspension in R mode and whilst there were a few bangs (post winter road damage), I found the car to be really enjoyable to drive. Even felt like there was improved turn in. not sure if thats the damper setting, CUP2s bedding in or just placebo?

But thought I would ask the question if anyone else drives in R-R-R. I always thought people said it but it wasnt really true (or they didnt know what they were doing). Whilst I wont make this my norm I will probably use R on dampers more often than I have previously.

I'm on the KW coilover sleeve kit btw.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I usually drive in normal mode across all and sometimes as I am getting old n-c-n.

Rarely use R mode but maybe I should - also I rarely use manual as living in London its lots of traffic but in manual fuel economy def drops!

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Had a lovely drive into work today. Still getting back upto speed with the car after winter hibernation and also moved to CUP2 tyres, but I drove 30 miles to work today - mostly on motorway and A road - and did it in R-R-R mode.

Now R-normal-R is my usual setting, so the difference being the suspension in R mode and whilst there were a few bangs (post winter road damage), I found the car to be really enjoyable to drive. Even felt like there was improved turn in. not sure if thats the damper setting, CUP2s bedding in or just placebo?

But thought I would ask the question if anyone else drives in R-R-R. I always thought people said it but it wasnt really true (or they didnt know what they were doing). Whilst I wont make this my norm I will probably use R on dampers more often than I have previously.

I'm on the KW coilover sleeve kit btw.
generally pottering and going to work etc I drive in N-C-N, when having road fun R-N-R or R-R-R, and track generally R-R-R

all depends on the mood and traffic, i wouldnt drive R-R-R all the time for general driving/pottering, it would be too bumpy and would get annoying for me.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I actually drive in R-C-Off on the road, with the Litchfield TC enabled on my EcuTek. Running on Cup2s as well, I find it fairly OK place to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts