GTR Forum banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Thank you, they're so much brighter! Well worth doing!

Oh that is a good idea! I didn't think of mounting it on the steering column cowl. :) I've got the Border triple gauge pod to go on the centre of the dash, I was going to mould it into that, but that looks really cool... I may have to nick that idea off you. :D

Forgot to add I've also got the Nismo carbon mirror cover coming (for the R33 this time!) and the Zoom Engineering black rear view mirror arm... thing... I'll sell the carbon cover for the R32/34, hopefully get a bit of money back on that. They're not cheap! Oh, I also have the Zoom Engineering extra wide blue wing mirror glass. I need to get pictures. :smokin:

Plenty to be getting on with, I don't have a lot of fuel in the car atm so it would be a perfect time to do the fuel pump!

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Thanks, yeah I used araldite to bond it on and black textured bumper spray to finish it. Il be doing the other one soon so can get some pics of how I do it. I quite like the idea of getting all the gauges etc in one place because when your on a trackday you don***8217;t think of looking everywhere for gauges.
Yes! I need to see these shiny things! Pics please!!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Few pics of the shinies… :D

I put the Greddy oil filter relocation kit together a while back, the bracket is already on the car though. I'll cable tie the shrouds on I think, so they won't move or come off once installed.

Zoom Engineering Extra Blue Wide mirrors.

Robson Leather handbrake lever cover.
Instructions are, of course, in Japanese... I'll use AirTranslator as it has been pretty good so far! I'll also add the Mine's handbrake and gearshift gaitors to my wish list. Not cheap, but they're also nappa leather with a red stitch. :)

New Samco power steering hoses, in blue of course. Forgive the arty farty shot, I was messing about with different things on the phone camera!

Oh, here's a pic of my modified Okuyama cooling panel. I thought the scoop was going to be filled and then sprayed, but no. :rolleyes: Hopefully function over form, plus you won't really the scoop anyway. Colour is the same as the engine covers, and is bloody lovely. :D

More OEM clips, bolts and a new side light bulb holder, new belts for next service (and to replace the ones that had AC coolant on them. :eek: )

A few tools: bargain seat / mechanics roller bed from Aldi, Ryobi bits for my new drills, digital calipers, a Sealey syringe for removing PS fluid (for PS hose change) and a big ****ing Snap-On torque wrench I, "liberated", from work. :chuckle:

I had to do it... A couple of B&W photos of my engine bay and "Nismo Garage" - At least it will be once I've gotten around to prepping the walls and painting it red! :chuckle:

Oh the weird looking paint on the front engine cover is a mix of dust and light / flash reflection combined with the grayscale filter. It had me worried too! Lol :eek:

That's it for now, I'm hoping to get Thursday on the car next week, that's the plan anyway! HPI front pipe and a couple of other bits should be here by then too. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Robson stuff came with instructions, interesting as mine didn't (Gear & handbrake boot), I am hoping there are no oddities & they're relatively easy to install... The rest of the parts looks good as well!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
The handbrake and shift gaiters are pretty self explanatory (at least on the R33) - Removing the gear surround you'll have starlock washers which hold the original gaiter on. Remove those, swap gaiters (should have pre cut holes) and put the washers back. :)

Handbrake is easy if the R34 is the same as the R33? It'll pull out from the pocket it sits in, the new one should have a metal bar stitched in, this then fits back in a couple of recesses inside where the lever comes out, if that makes sense. As for the Robson handbrake lever cover, I translated the instructions and you simply cut the old one off, pop the plastic retainer out a little (on the button end) slide the new boot on, sanding the lever foam(?) a little if needed, but it should be a tight fit, fold the ends in and replace the plastic retainer to secure the leather.

I hope it is as easy at it sounds! Lol Hoping to have a go this week, unfortunately I have an eye infection now so can see bugger all out of my left eye! There is always something else. :(

Good news though, my RHD Japan parcel arrived a day early, so more shinies to add to the collection, lol. :D

241 - 247 of 247 Posts