GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just sitting here thinking today, we are some 12-18 months away from the release of the Nissan GTR as it will now be known..
How many people out there are giving geniune and serious thought to purchasing one of these, and does anyone know if these will be sold officially through UK dealerships, I was talking to a Nissan dealership in Liverpool and they inform me, all indications are that they will be sold via, dealerships world wide.
Does this mean better insurance? a new GTR (not skyline as the name is no-longer going to be used for the GTR series :( ) A less, more or equally, modifiable or tuneable car?

What are your thoughts , concerns and ideas, with regards to the new Nissan GTR...

Many thanks
AK
The Original Scouser

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I suspect it'll be pitched as a 911 rival @ the £50ish k mark in the UK. Probably less tuneable than the RB, and possible more easily insurable...

Until I've seen/driven the new car (and know what position I'm in 12-18months down the line), I've no idea if I'll buy one! I really hope nissan don't screw it up - the GT-R is a legend :smokin:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Polar, my fear is that Nissan have appreciated the Skyline's cult status, and in realising that they have took away the Skyline name, hence dissassociating it from it's predecessors. It will be a 911 in a Japanese body. Which means you'll probably get all the uglyness of the Japanese styling cues without the aggression, or the performance/tunability to back it up. Sorry but i think it will suck. Gimme an R33 and I wouldn't give a damn what they were doing with the new skyline!

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts