GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can hear a tapping sound coming from the engine on the top left side does anyone know what this might be and a cure for it please

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
injector noise shouldnt decrease with rpm.....the sound will obviously increase in frequency (i dont mean hz)

could be valve clerarance or maybe detonation if you hear this only on boost

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the noise is still there when i rev but i say it goes quieter because of the noise from the engine but its still there.
it goes louder the warmer the engine gets

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
big ends out...not good....

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i can only here it when i lift the bonnet
its not that loud but noticeable when i lift the bonnet
or am i just being picky

·
Registered
282 Posts
My advice would be take it to a a reputable tuner for them to diagnos - any comments on here would be speculative at best but tappety noise's usually means you've spun a bearing i'm affraid to say - i really hope its something else fella.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
tappety noise's usually means you've spun a bearing i'm affraid to say - i really hope its something else fella.
does spinning a bearing *always* result in crankshaft damage? Replacing bearings doesn't always necessitate pulling out the crankshaft, although the engine might have to come out.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Noise

Its probably just the injectors.

If it helps, make a little video of it and host it up here and we'll have a listen for you.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Had a listen, couldn't hear any tapping noise :confused:

Maybe the whirring of the fan was too overpowering but from my limited knowledge sounded fine to me

I'll have another go to be sure

Sev

1 - 20 of 32 Posts