GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, at last, wait over..... I have the beast.

After months of voyeurism on this forum I feel qualified and obligated to make a post: - Two primary comments.

1. Thank you all for so much entertainment and informative reading
2. The car is the finest machine I have experienced by a wide margin

Without wishing to bore everyone and trying to avoid what has already been posted here are some of my other observations.
The Dealership: - Marshall's of Cambridge. Phil Schofield. Outstanding service from a mainstream franchise. Honest, informative, knowledge without BS, excellent handover and keen to build a relationship. Thoroughly recommended based on experience with many dealers over the years, this one was worth having.

The costs so far: insurance with Admiral (48, west Sussex, good no claims, no tracker) £470. Three year service plan £110 a month. Gap insurance for top up to replacement car is £900 for three years. Number plate £250. Premium edition £53K and car tax £405. As for the rest Tyres (a problem me thinks) pads and disc and the odd thimble of fuel! (25 minute drive last week gave me an average fuel consumption of 8mpg.... This morning was a little improved at about 20)

The car: savage, sleek, chunky, sexy beyond compare. A head turner in every sense. Performance is blistering. I have a heavily breathed on Scooby MY03 STI and I believe if you started them together on ANY type of road the GTR would be out of sight inside a mile and a half. I think after the 1200 mile set up the car will breathtaking and a match of anything costing under half a million quid or not constructed out of a kit box.

Build quality is excellent (for a Japanese car). Engineering is the real crown Jewell of this whole experience. Mr Mizuno is a living legend and a genius. The passion and detailing is obvious with the eye, through the hands and under the foot. Truly a once in a generation achievement.

Will I track it.... not a chance? I could not bear to see an unsightly mark. Instead I will pitch up with the company who has bought one for us all to play with on track for £300 for the day (I wonder if I could fix my number plates to it and pretend?)

For those of you who have taken delivery we are a fortunate few beyond compare. For those waiting, if you sleep at night.. you shouldn’t be and for those thinking of going down the path of pleasure sell everything including the wife if you have too... the rewards will be worth it

Thanks again for educating me these last few months:thumbsup:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sounds great! How did you arrange the top up insurance?
8mpg that's a classic, I think we should start a thread who has had the lowest mpg!
How many miles have you done now?
Post a pic of the car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations.....I'm not the least bit jealous:chuckle:

Glad to hear the positive experience with Phil at Marshalls - placed my order with him last week for delivery next April:eek:.......unless of course a cancelled premium/black in the right colour just happens to come along.......might just be tempted to buy a Tom Tom!

Love to see some piccies - assume it's white!! Keep posting the week by week driving experiences......be interested to see what you think as the weeks roll by!

Tango

·
Registered
485 Posts
Gap insurance for top up to replacement car is £900 for three years.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "gap insurance"?

Good hear positives about Marshall's - they have been good with me so far, if a little reactive... if I ask questions I get answers, but I have heard nothing without asking first.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
gap insurance covers you should the car be written off and your insurance company pays out less than it may have owing on it, hence bridging the gap.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts

After months of voyeurism on this forum I feel qualified and obligated to make a post: - Two primary comments.

Without wishing to bore everyone and trying to avoid what has already been posted here are some of my other observations.
The Dealership: - Marshall's of Cambridge. Phil Schofield. Outstanding service from a mainstream franchise. Honest, informative, knowledge without BS, excellent handover and keen to build a relationship. Thoroughly recommended based on experience with many dealers over the years, this one was worth having.

The costs so far: insurance with Admiral (48, west Sussex, good no claims, no tracker) £470. Three year service plan £110 a month. Gap insurance for top up to replacement car is £900 for three years. Number plate £250. Premium edition £53K and car tax £405. As for the rest Tyres (a problem me thinks) pads and disc and the odd thimble of fuel! (25 minute drive last week gave me an average fuel consumption of 8mpg.... This morning was a little improved at about 20)

The car: savage, sleek, chunky, sexy beyond compare. A head turner in every sense. Performance is blistering. I have a heavily breathed on Scooby MY03 STI and I believe if you started them together on ANY type of road the GTR would be out of sight inside a mile and a half. I think after the 1200 mile set up the car will breathtaking and a match of anything costing under half a million quid or not constructed out of a kit box.

Build quality is excellent (for a Japanese car). Engineering is the real crown Jewell of this whole experience. Mr Mizuno is a living legend and a genius. The passion and detailing is obvious with the eye, through the hands and under the foot. Truly a once in a generation achievement.

Will I track it.... not a chance? I could not bear to see an unsightly mark. Instead I will pitch up with the company who has bought one for us all to play with on track for £300 for the day (I wonder if I could fix my number plates to it and pretend?)

For those of you who have taken delivery we are a fortunate few beyond compare. For those waiting, if you sleep at night.. you shouldn’t be and for those thinking of going down the path of pleasure sell everything including the wife if you have too... the rewards will be worth it

But are you pleased with your purchase ? :chuckle:

welcome

·
Registered
18 Posts

Nice little write up. I too collect my car recently, just over 2 weeks ago and must say it is best car I have owed also by a long way. Nissan really have set some new standards for everyone else to catch up. Also must say, I have followed this forum too for some time whilst waiting for my car and nearly cancelled reading all the posts regarding warranty and service costs etc. What I will say now is, once you have the car this all becomes a distant memory and I am soooo glad I didn't - irrelevant to the fact that Nissans stance on these points seems to slowly keep improving!

·
Registered
377 Posts
My wait for white premium Ed is nearly over, picking it up on wednesday next week.
I think im definitely going to get gap insurance, although im not taking finance, im paying for the car outright but for about 160 quid a year it will cover what the ins company would pay out should it be written of stolen ( ie current market value ) and what i payed for the car.
Giving me current market value is a bit too open ended for my liking

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wait for white premium Ed is nearly over, picking it up on wednesday next week.
I think im definitely going to get gap insurance, although im not taking finance, im paying for the car outright but for about 160 quid a year it will cover what the ins company would pay out should it be written of stolen ( ie current market value ) and what i payed for the car.
Giving me current market value is a bit too open ended for my liking
Try Gap Insurance by Click4Gap

I have saved a fair bit on amounts quoted by Audi in the past with these guys. May be worth a look!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Also must say, I have followed this forum too for some time whilst waiting for my car and nearly cancelled reading all the posts regarding warranty and service costs etc. What I will say now is, once you have the car this all becomes a distant memory and I am soooo glad I didn't - irrelevant to the fact that Nissans stance on these points seems to slowly keep improving!
some of us said this all along:D

it is a great car for sure

·
Registered
785 Posts
very nice mate :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Gap insurance

It's great isn't it.... Are you getting lots of attention (albeit in my case it seems to bo 12 yo boys and white van guys)

£900 for gap insurance for 3 years sounds steep.

Motorline was quoting £595 but capped to £20k loss. Was there a cap on gap in your case?

Also, interested in the service plan. Is Marshall's offering this? What does it cover?

·
Registered
2 Posts
£900 for gap insurance for 3 years sounds steep.
Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here but I work for an online retailer of GAP Insurance policies and after having discussed GAP Insurance for three separate GT-R's today (and not being too familiar with the vehicle) I decided to look it up online and eventually found this forum and this post.

£900 for GAP Insurance on the vehicle discussed by the OP sounds like the dealer is (or at least should be) related to a certain Mr Turpin.

There's a number of different types of GAP Insurance available from a number of online suppliers and you'd be hard pushed to find them at anything like £900 for a policy comparable to that offered by the dealer.

For example, the absolute highest level of cover we can provide, underwritten by AXA Insurance (UK) plc, for a vehicle costing between £50k and £100k would be:
Replacement GAP Insurance
4 year cover
£25,000 claim limit
£380.73 all inclusive

In the event that your vehicle is written off, Replacement GAP Insurance covers the difference between your motor insurance payout and the equivalent cost of replacing the vehicle new-for-old at the time of claim (subject to the claim limit). By comparison, in almost all cases the GAP Insurance policies offered by motor dealers only payout up to the original price you bought the vehicle for.

I apologise if this sounds like a blatant advert but just wanted to point out that £900 is really very expensive indeed... unless the claim limit on that policy from the dealer is any higher than £25k in which case it's *arguably* worth at least some consideration, depending on the vehicle, anticipated mileage, funding method and so on.

If anyone has any questions about GAP Insurance, I'd be happy to answer them!

Regards

David

·
Registered
669 Posts
I was offered and took Gap Insurance by my HPC. Through Nissan Finance with Cardif Pinnacle. 3 Years, up to max of £15,000, single premium £299.

Rich

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I was offered and took Gap Insurance by my HPC. Through Nissan Finance with Cardif Pinnacle. 3 Years, up to max of £15,000, single premium £299.

Rich
So if you need to claim after a couple of years you'll only get up to £15k back.

I quite like the idea of having a £25k max.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts