81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Hi All. I am a newbie on here, and my wife Linda and I are looking forward to the trip. We are coming up from the south coast, leaving late afternoon Friday. As it is about half way to Wales from ours, we are booked in to the Hilton Warwick on Friday 12th. If anyone else booked in to wales for the Sat / Sun needs a stop off mid way on the Friday, would be nice to meet up......The hotel is quite reasonable, and is only £60.80 for the Friday night. Graeme

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Hi All. I am a newbie on here, and my wife Linda and I are looking forward to the trip. We are coming up from the south coast, leaving late afternoon Friday. As it is about half way to Wales from ours, we are booked in to the Hilton Warwick on Friday 12th. If anyone else booked in to wales for the Sat / Sun needs a stop off mid way on the Friday, would be nice to meet up......The hotel is quite reasonable, and is only £60.80 for the Friday night. Graeme
That's a splendid proposal Graeme and although we live near the South Coast I've already made longstanding arrangements to stay at the venue hotel on Friday night. Otherwise we would have been delighted to join you at Warwick.
We all look forward to meeting you both for what will be some good fun in Wales.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
Here is the menu for the Wild Pheasant Hotel. We need to pre-select our meal choices for both the Saturday and Sunday nights.

If you haven't already sent me your meal choices could you please put your choices for both Saturday and Sunday evenings below

I will keep a record of names and choices and bring it to the hotel :)

If you want steak, please tell me how you want it cooked

If you want soup, then you will have to take a gamble because I don't know which soup..

There are 3 courses each night in the package deal but there is are supplements for the fillet steak (£6) and cheeseboard (£2)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Here is the menu for the Wild Pheasant Hotel. We need to pre-select our meal choices for both the Saturday and Sunday nights.

If you haven't already sent me your meal choices could you please put your choices for both Saturday and Sunday evenings below

I will keep a record of names and choices and bring it to the hotel :)

Thanks for the PMs, keep sending me your orders :)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Many thanks Andy

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
For those of you below who are booked in on the Friday night, we are eating in the Corn Mill Inn, in Llangollen. Table is booked to sit down at 6:30 so we leave the hotel at 6pm sharp.

Could you please send me your meal choices for the FRIDAY ONLY from the menu below.

Cheers

Name
1 Dylan Roberts
2 Steve Richies
3 Cindy
4 John Miskin
5 Mary Miskin
6 Roger Burgess
7 Alina Martsak
8 David Warrener
9 Jan Warrener
10 Big Stewart
11 Jo
12 Barry Pomfrit
13 Pat Pomfrit
14 Toni Leadbeter
15 Simon leadbeter
16 Adam Hill
17 Susan Hill
18 Jack Roberts
19 maureen Roberts
20 Paul Kenney
21 Jane Kenny
22 Paul
23 Sally
24 Ian Smith
25 Sue Smith

Starters, Nibbles and Things to Share

Leek and potato soup with chunky bread 5.45
Chicken liver pâté with red onion marmalade and toast 6.75
Potted smoked trout crab and crayfish with samphire, caper and cucumber salad 6.95
Pan fried scallops with ham fritters, pea puree and lemon dressing 10.95
Baked goat's cheese in walnut crust with pickled cranberry and apple salad 6.75
Warm chorizo sausage 5.50
Marinated mixed olives 3.95
Garlic prawns 6.25
Marinated feta and watermelon 3.95
Sticky Chinese chicken wings 4.95
Beetroot hummus with pitta bread 3.75
with pickled cucumber salad 4.75
Sticky ribs 4.95
Charcuterie plate for two to share (selection of cured meats, toast and pickles) 17.95
Camembert baked in sour dough with garlic and rosemary with walnut and apple salad and chutney 13.95

Deep fried cod in beer batter with chips, mushy peas and tartare sauce 13.75 / 8.95
Braised shoulder of lamb with dauphinoise potatoes, vegetables and red wine and rosemary gravy 17.45
Grilled Seabass fillet with shrimp and caper butter, summer greens and crushed new potatoes 15.95
Appleby Cheshire cheese and potato pie with roasted veg and wholegrain mustard sauce 12.95
Pan roasted chicken with smoked pancetta and leek mash and wild mushroom and button onion sauce 14.45
Mustard glazed ham (served cold) with eggs and chips 11.75 / 8.95
Slow braised belly pork, dauphinoise, parsnip puree, roast carrot and red wine gravy 14.95
10oz rump steak with peppercorn sauce, fine beans slow roast tomato and chips 18.95
Seared teriyaki sea trout and king prawn salad with crispy wasabi rice balls, pickled ginger and bok choi14.95
Home Farm pork and leek sausages with mash, buttered greens and onion gravy 11.75 / 8.95
Chicken Caesar salad kos lettuce, herb croutons, crispy bacon, anchovies and parmesan 12.95
Steak and ale pie with mustard mash and buttered greens 13.95
Sweet potato, aubergine and spinach Malaysian curry with coconut rice (v) 12.95
Pan roasted venison haunch with fondant potato, beetroot puree, savoy cabbage and cassis sauce 17.95
Steak burger topped with grilled bacon and Cheddar, served with coleslaw and chips 13.45
Butternut squash and sage tortellini, wilted spinach, capers, sun blushed tomato and lemon 12.75
Ploughman's - Cheddar and Shropshire blue cheese, tomato, apple, pork pie and piccalilli 11.25

Chunky chips 3.50
Buttered vegetables 3.75
Garlic bread with cheese 3.95
Bread with butter 2.25
Mixed salad with house dressing 3.95
Garlic bread 3.50
Hot Waffle with caramelised banana, toffee sauce and honey comb ice cream 5.95
Strawberry meringue with strawberry coulis and chantilly cream 6.25
Sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream 6.25
Cheshire Farm ice cream - choose from: vanilla, strawberry, honeycomb or chocolate.
Cheshire Farm sorbet - choose from: Lemon, raspberry, blackcurrant or mango
3 Scoops 5.25 / 2 Scoops 3.50 / 1 Scoop 1.75
Coffee and a small pudding
Choose a mini version of our puddings with a tea or a cafetière of coffee of your choice 5.95

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Maureen should have sent our selections by now.

Didn't see the wine list but I'm sure it will be good stuff - perhaps Steve will get a few bottles going for the team. He'll remember his bill from the Welsh mansion last year (not guilty).:flame:

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
Steve & Cindy
Starter to Share
Camembert baked in sour dough with garlic and rosemary with walnut and apple salad and chutney 13.95
Steve
Steak and ale pie with mustard mash and buttered greens 13.95
Hot Waffle with caramelised banana, toffee sauce and honey comb ice cream 5.95
Cindy
Seared teriyaki sea trout and king prawn salad with crispy wasabi rice balls, pickled ginger and bok choi14.95
Cheshire Farm sorbet ***8211; Mango 1 Scoop 1.75

Jack - don't be so stupid !!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Thanks, keep your choices coming

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
22 Paul
23 Sally

I still need your meal choices for Friday night, if you can make the pub by 6:30pm that is. If you can't make it can you let me know?

Cheers,
Dylan

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Many thanks all, I now have all meal choices for the 3 nights.

Keep an eye on this thread, there will be more information on the itinerary to follow :squintdan

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
Itinerary - GTRDC North Wales trip Oct 2018

Zip wire

1 Dylan Roberts
2 Emma Roberts
3 Mary Miskin
4 David Warrener
5 Jan Warrener
6 Adam Hill
7 Paul Kenney
8 Jane Kenny
9 Ian Smith
10 Sue Smith
11 Andy Speer
12 Helen Speer
13 Steve Brooks
14 Jane Brooks

These 14 dare devil***8217;s, are booked to do the zip wire at 12:40pm on Sunday the 14th of October. We need to arrive at least 30mins before our slot, so we will leave the hotel at 10:45am sharp on Sunday morning.

To make the drive a little more interesting, there will be one route there and a different route back, we should be back at the hotel by 4pm. I will give everyone written details of the route on the Saturday.

Note
Please be aware that there are some restrictions on the use of velocity. No one over 120kg and over 2.1m in height. Medical restrictions can be found here https://www.zipworld.co.uk/medical-restrictions

If you have any concerns or require additional assistance for your ride on the Zip wire please contact Zip world direct on 01248 601 444 [email protected] and reference the 12:40 booking slot by Friday the 12th of October at the very latest.

Some have expressed that they would like to join us at the zip wire to watch and take the *****. This is fine but please remember we will leave the hotel at 10:45am sharp.

You can also enjoy a lunch in the Blondin Restaurant ( Recommended AFTER the trip down the wire) https://www.zipworld.co.uk/blondinrestaurant?utm_source=Website&utm_medium=Website&utm_campaign=VelocityLocationBlondin

T&C***8217;s
At the zip wire, we will be high up in the Snowdonia national park over a disused quarry, the wire can be closed on H&S grounds if the weather is too wet and windy. If this happens, I will receive a text message the day before.

If for whatever reason someone decides that they cannot do the zip wire, then unfortunately you won***8217;t get a refund. If they close the zip wire and we don***8217;t get our run, we can either re-schedule or if I notify them within 10 days I will get a full refund on the booking and then transfer funds back you via a bank transfer.

Please Note the guidance on clothing below

Zip World Velocity
Prepare for all weather! For the colder days, it is strongly advised that you wear gloves whilst participating and we recommend wearing sensible warm/waterproof clothing. For those warmer summer days, still consider you are in a mountainous environment and temperatures will be significantly lower. However, shoulders must be covered i.e. no strappy vests, and shorts are permitted but must be knee length.

All Zip World activities:
Long hair should be tied back, all jewellery and scarves to be removed and skirts are not recommended.
For your safety, please wear trainers or walking boots - open toe shoes, flip flops, sandals or similar footwear are not permitted. Please also wear appropriate clothing, shoulders must be covered and whilst shorts are permitted they must be knee length. Gold sequinned hotpants can only be worn by prior arrangement!

Zip World reserves the right to refuse admittance should appropriate clothing not be worn.

More info on the weekends Itinerary to follow shortly :smokin:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Friday October the 12th 2018

Some of you are arriving on the Friday and some on the Saturday. For those arriving on Friday, here are the details.

We are booked into a local pub next to the river Dee in Llangollen, The Corn Mill some 0.5miles away from the hotel on Friday evening for dinner. We will leave the hotel at 6pm sharp, either walking there and back if its dry but if its wet I will organise taxi rides for everyone.

Please be ready to leave the hotel at 6pm sharp!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)
Saturday October the 13th 2018

On Saturday some of us will already be there and some of you will be arriving. Saturday is a free day. The options are: -

1. Staying in the hotel and take advantage of the Spa***8217;s facilities. If you would like some treatments its advised to pre-book these.

2. Go for a drive around the area

3. Walk into Llangollen to see this picturesque town.

4. A popular choice - Relax onboard the steam trains on the famous Llangollen Steam railway during their annual Steam Railway Gala weekend Autumn Steam Gala 12th -14th October - Llangollen Railway which runs from Friday to Sunday the 12th -14th of October 2018.

Please pre book your own train tickets using this link Autumn Steam Gala 12th -14th October - Llangollen Railway

The only tie on the Saturday is that we will be sitting down for dinner in the hotel restaurant at 7:30pm sharp.

Sunday October the 14th 2018

On the Sunday, you have the choice of either :-

1. Staying in the hotel and take advantage of the Spa***8217;s facilities. If you would like some treatments its advised to pre-book these.

2. Go for a drive around the area

3. Walk into Llangollen to see this picturesque town

4. Relax onboard the steam trains on the famous Llangollen Steam railway during their annual Steam Railway Gala weekend Autumn Steam Gala 12th -14th October - Llangollen Railway which runs from Friday to Sunday the 12th -14th of October 2018. Please pre book your own train tickets using this link Autumn Steam Gala 12th -14th October - Llangollen Railway

5. Or join the 14 dare devils to watch us doing 100mph over a slate quarry hanging from a wire. Please see post 98 for more details. We will be leaving the hotel for the wire at 10:45am sharp and will be back at the hotel at around 4pm.

6. For those staying Sunday night we will be sitting down for dinner in the hotel restaurant at 7:30pm sharp.

If someone has a question or query then please drop me a PM?

Attachments

81 - 100 of 117 Posts