GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went out to the car to check a hose size. When I was out I decided to check the oil and water only to find a little cone of jelly like emulsification stuck to the bottom of my rad cap.:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
Wasnt there last week (I dont think). I only do very short journeys and oil seldom reaches 75deg.Water temps are perfect and the car has NEVER overheated.
I hope to the gods of motoring that I do not have the dreaded cracked head. Looked back at all the receipts from previous owners and no head gasket replacement has been done. The cars done close to 70k so hope that its gasket.
Only a tiny amount of sludge but I felt like :puke: ing as soon as I found it.
If I bury my head in the sand, maybe It'll go away......

TT

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
If its only a little bit,no worry,normal when doing a lot of short journeys/coldstarts. But i would watch the problem,if it uses water etc......:)

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
O pooh, that's not good. Wipe it off and see how long it takes to re-appear.

It might be worth planning a trip to the car doctors for a head job..

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at going to Abbey in Jan for a remap anyway so, if it reappears then #i'll ask them to have a look.
Absolutely no indication of any problems at all.Water level is rock steady as is the oil level.Just hoping its cold, damp weather coupled with short journeys........
The worst thing is the earbashing I'll get from the missus if its serious as she's got it in for the GTR as it stands due to the recent AFM problems...bloody women!! (GTROC members excepted :D )

TT

·
Registered
962 Posts
Just pop round to your local garage and ask them to do a 'sniff test', if they are half decent it will take them 3-4 minutes and a drink should keep them happy. Save's all the agonising and worry over Christmas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts