GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just had a problem with the car again!. After weeks of hassle-free motoring, I decide to head into London on the M4. Gets up the road a bit, car starts to hesitate and shunt a bit. Then it loses power (drops to idle but still runs) so I pull over. Car wont rev and when I try throttle nothing happens. Eventually clears itself and throw in the towel and return home.
Gets home, pops the bonnet and disconnects top AFM plug...car dies. Start her up and replace top plug, then pull bottom AFM plug...nowt happens :eek: . Can I take this as a definative 'bottom AFM's sha99ed' moment ??? However, I replace plug on suspected sha99ed bottom one and just to satisfy my curiosity pulls the top plug AGAIN. She then starts to run a bity rough but still runs :confused: :confused: .

WTF is going on????????....ANYBODY.

Supposed to be going to Jap Performance Sunday tomorrow so a bit miffed. BTW, if anyone who IS going has a spare set of AFM's they could bring for me to try out then I would me MOST grateful.

TT

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Somebody ????:wavey: :wavey:

TT

·
Registered
597 Posts
take out bottom afm, spray it with switch cleaner, also take off top, apply solder iron to joints, replace & see.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
try brake and clutch cleaner on the actual sensor part of the afm, i.e spray down the pipe. this seems to clear it alot better than switch cleaner. then do what v1h suggests, remove silicon and top resolder where the conector is atatched to the sensor/circuit board inside and replace cover and reseal. mine are fine now after completely fcking up couple of weeks ago also now as soon as any one of them is pulled out the engine dies more or less instantly.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
bite bullit, fit F con, launch AFM's, pull trigger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts