GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok sorry for delay in getting back to the board but busy weekend.

well as uncle pete confessed to the board I was totally blown away with the Abbey dyno. talk about getting a complete overview of what the car is doing!! I have never seen a set up like it and it puts so much less stress on the car when bolted to the hubs...

Had profec B fitted with the steering wheel button and then onto the dyno for a few runs, as the car had been overboosting on the middlheurst original set up and reading 1.3 - 1.4 bar on STD gasket..eeek!

so as we get rolling the results come in....at 1 bar and 1.2bar I get the same power, but more torque, but lots of ignition back off coming through the ECU. Turns out the crank angle sensor was kaput tand backing off under load. so a replacement goes in quick time and we get good readings...
1 bar = 352 BHP at hubs
1.2 bar = 386 BHP at hubs.

All in all chuffed as don't have 2510s and not running 1.35 bar like Uncle P!! (but I tell you what Pete's car is VERY Strong on the dyno and pulled some top results) I think the 2510s are about 15% bigger in terms of air flow to the roller bearing re built ones I have.....

I guess at 1.3 bar the old girl would get into the 400s but that is neither here not there and bit risky on std gasket. What was int was to compare the car to other cars with big turbos and big horse. Basically my car was on boost 1200 RPM earlier than cars on 2510s....in my books that makes a quickish road car. Admittedly it did not have the grunt up top but I never get to use it like that much anyway...Have achieved what i want from the car and to have sth that pulls hard from low down (chrikey sounds like a night in with the kleenex ;-) )

Overall totally impressed with the dyno and the detailed attention mark gave to the car and the way he found the problem, got it sorted and did not go "oh yeah you will be alraight mate that is just the way it is".

If you are thining of getting your car set up properly and finding out what is going on in the RB26 then look no further than Abbey.

Oh yeah I saw Guy;s car starting to take shape and how to fit a triple plate OS geiken clucth...no don't worry I purely offered advice (useless) and got some hot chocs in. Jesus that is going to be one quick car with that T88!!

Thanks to abbey again. The dyno is a worthwhile investment.

Smootster.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Smootster73 said:
All in all chuffed as don't have 2510s and not running 1.35 bar like Uncle P!! (but I tell you what Pete's car is VERY Strong on the dyno and pulled some top results) I think the 2510s are about 15% bigger in terms of air flow to the roller bearing re built ones I have.....
Great stuff Nick, good result. It's the nuts isn't it. Even if I wasn't doing anything to my car, I think it would be worth the cash just to run on the dyno to see what she makes and to see if there are any unknown problems, as you had.

Erm, I'm not running 1.35 bar, my 460bhp at the hubs came from around 1.25 bar (1.28 kg/cm2)......

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is an even better performace

then Pete and storming results. I will try and get mine scanned in as well.
Int to see the graphs and where yours come on full boost.
My curve was a lot steeper at the start and was boosting fully by like 3200 rpm.
But like you say good to see what is going on and it is just awesome to experience it all.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Congrats on sorting your car out Smootster73. Sounds like you're a happy camper. Now time to get and enjoy the new found power! :D

Cya O!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Congrats Nick mate - nice set of figures.

You know that means you have to take me out for another run now don't you :)

Daz

·
Registered
477 Posts
mines booked in for a wee servicette on Jan 6th (honest Gill) :D:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Profec with button

How does the steering wheel botton conect to the controler? Does it involve lots of springy cable:( ? Also what functions does it have? I'm running a profec-b guessing thats the same as yours:D

Cheers Fink

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is linked

by a remote sensor that sends a signal to the main unit and picks up the signal from the button.
Neat as you can just put it on or even take it into the pub to show everyone if you are that sad.
The button is held onto the steering wheel with velcro. I like it as you can have two hands on the wheel and switch hi to lo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts