GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is my first post and all so i thought i would see how it goes. im in the us and looking at a skyline. its a 95 so i know its a r33, the guy hasnt contacted me back yet so i thought i would see what you all thought. what do i need to look for when buying one. ive read through some stuff on here. id like to know a little more about this exact one. he didnt write a good comment on the car so i dont know the details. like is it just a normal r33 or what. horse power and all that. thanks guys. heres a pic

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, this is what the info on the add is

1995 NISSAN SKYLINE, 55K mi, Fully legal registered and currently in Florida,tons of extras, GTR kit, volk wheels, FMIC, speakers, clutch, flywheel, new tires, lsd OBO, $21,000, 407-463-1291

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Doesnt look like theres much GTR kit on it. The car looks just like mine (GTSt) but the front bumper looks slightly different

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
apart from the wheels (and a lower stance) it looks like a completely stock R33 GTS (that spoiler is usually found on the N/A version so you might want to check that is really is a turbo).

The front bumper is an original one found on the earlier R33's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone. im gonna be giving him a call and figure it out. is there a spec sheet anywhere on here. anything i should look for in the car like what could be wrong with it. there are only 55k miles on it so it should still be pretty fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Make sure you take it for a test drive and listen out for strange noises such as whining from transmission, tapping from the engine, etc. Basically just do the usual checks as you would if you were buying any other normal car and you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
would have said it was a turbo as it has 5 stud wheels, n/a's have 4 stud.
make sure milage is legit as cam belt will be due soon.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Sideskirts same as mine as well.... This car is allmost exactly the same as my GTSt when it was standard as far as bodywork goes. Just the front bumper looks like a non turbo one in this piccy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i found a better one with same miles and i know its turbo and a real skyline. my friend is gonna come with me to look at it and make sure everything is good. i cant wait. heres a pic of the new one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts