GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys, how are you?

I just wanted to ask a couple of questions, figuring someone would have some answers for me.

I am getting a 1996 R33 GTR with 54,000 Km on the clock. :squintdan

(1) When I get it is there anything maint. wise that I should do first?

(2) The colour is Midnight Purple Metallic and I was wondering if inside the engine bay is supposed to be the same colour or is it like a dark purple/black?

And finally:

(3) Someone told me that the RB26 is prone to having its oil pump fail. Is this true or just BS?

Thanks guys for any help you can offer.

David.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
(1)change all oils (engine/gearbox/front diff/rear diff)and filter on the car (if it is comming from Japan i would give the underbody some good protection)

(2)Not sure about the engine bay, but i think it is a non metallic.

(3) Have seen a few posts about oil and water pumps. Try the search :)

Regard
Jan

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do all fluids when I receive it.

Does anyone know any links that specify which fluids to use for the diffs?

As far as I know it is a fresh import.

I am purchasing it thru IBCauto.com from their Ft Lauderdale car depot, autoterminal.

Do you think it best to run synthetic fluids? Especially for the oil system?

Thanks.

David.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
fully synthetic oil in em yes.

like everyone said - all the fluid, maybe cambelt (only 6kkm before it would need doing ideally anyhow) - dont skimp on cambelt change and whilst its off you should be able to do water pump I think. Change supplementary (that right name?) belts too.
Waxoyl the underside as much of it as possible and the arches where the metal is quite thin - this will rust quick if not and you dont want that feeding up your rear arches.

great work man - be sure to stickupix when you can :) - whats driving like in the bahamas?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Driving here is ok, we drive on the same side as you guys. So you would be used to that aspect.

However most of the people on the road do not have any sense at all. They will pull out in front of you without a moments notice.

We don't have the major highways like the UK or the US. Mostly single lane roads with a few dual carriage way roads thrown in for spice.

There are EVO's, STi and GTS-t's on the road all over the place. There are only two GTR's as far as I know.

Nassau definitly has a 'big city' feel as compaired with the family out islands here in the Bahamas.

I guess you would consider it easy by comparison.

Anyway thanks for the info.

David.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts