GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ABS and 4WD warning lights came on this morning as I reversed off my drive and have stayed on since.. Can anyone tell me what this means and how to get them to go off again.. is it bad driving the car with them on??

Thank you

Lee

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.. I do have a torque split controller??

Is this a big problem?? please say no!!

I wondered if it automatically came on in the cold.. but I figure probably not that lucky!

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have checked the fluid reservoir in the boot and it has gone slightly below the Min.. waht fluid do I need to put in there?? I will check the earth.. didn't put the unit in myself.. where is the earth likely to be? under the centre console?? So it's probably nothing major anyway??

Cheers

Lee

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
when i fitted my TSC i earthed it (black wire) onto the gearstick surround

had the 4wd and and ABS lights come on

re-fitted the earth wire

all fixed :)

so chances are, esspecially if you just fitted the TSC, thats the problem

mook

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Check your earths on the engine too, they may need a clean up.

Im assuming the 33 is the same as my 32 was... if so, there is one just behind the battery (pop it out and its obvious) and there is another just in front of the fuel rail at the pulley end of the engine. Bit of wet and dry and some vaseline should sort it.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will Have to check the earths in the engine bay.. The battery is in the boot wo will tidy that earth up too.. And check the TSC earth.. this evening before I left work I disconnected the battery for 10mins.. ten conectted it.. started the car and the lights were al off for 30secs.. then you can here a pump or something under the car and the ABS and 4WD lights come on.. so I switched off.. tunred the TSC off and started back up and the lights were still on.. or would a bad earth on the TSC not matter if it was on or off?? I also noticed that according to my front torque gauge it went up to 3/4 permanently after I had tunred off the TSC?? until I floored it in a straight line then it dropped down.. but when I lifted off and caem to as top it wen tback up again? Main thing I want to know is that it is nothing major that is going to cost big money and worse so if I keep driving it?! PLease put my mind at rest!
And what do I top up the reserior with.. powersteering fluid?

One more thing I noticed is when I go to park on fairly hard lock some sounds a little harsh and grauchy front and rear?? is this just the LSD's trying to rip hell out of the tarmac with my monster tyres?!

Thanks chaps

Lee

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
My A.LSD, 4WD, and the ABS warning lights came on approximately 5 minutes after each other the other day, today started her up to take her to be seen to and all the lights have gone out, remains a mystery.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes that is exactly what I had!!

Maybe it was a cold weather shock!?

I think the general opinion is it is a bad earth on the Torque Split controller if you have one or the fuses in the boot (R33) may have a bad connection?? I WD40 'd everything in case.. so far nothing has come on again?? also did the plugs leading to the bottle and pump for the 4WD system..

Good luck..

Lee

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Snap, did exactly the same, but with that electrical contact spray cleaner, got an aerosol can from P.C.World, hope it stays good.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you had your HICAS light on as well?? mine came on today! whatever next! do you know if it's bad?? or fluid?? Had my alarm fitted today so I was wondering if they disconnected the battery and then reconnected it without the wheels being straight ahead? heard that is important on the HICAS for some reason?

if you have any ideas please let me know!

Cheers
Lee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts