GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i removed my abs unit today as it started leaking.so i bought a kit from DB POWER that removes the abs all together.

and what a differanace in breaking.the only thing is my abs light is on.is there a fuse i can remove for the light to go off?and now the abs is removed does this effect anything else ? i.e 4wd.

leo:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Hi Leo mate, how are things going? I still have a package here I need to send you :)

You can remove the ABS unit itself but not the sensors on the wheelhubs, the 4wd system uses them too.

The ABS light will only go out when you take the bulb out off the dash, but it's easy enough when you only remove the plastic panel under the steering wheel above you feet (not the one with the clock in it, but the one where the fuses sit) and reach in from below you should just be able to get the bulb out from over there ;)

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Leo mate, how are things going? I still have a package here I need to send you :)

You can remove the ABS unit itself but not the sensors on the wheelhubs, the 4wd system uses them too.

The ABS light will only go out when you take the bulb out off the dash, but it's easy enough when you only remove the plastic panel under the steering wheel above you feet (not the one with the clock in it, but the one where the fuses sit) and reach in from below you should just be able to get the bulb out from over there ;)
hi tim

all good thanks hows the engine going?thanks for the info but will i be able to reach it im short arse.lol

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Sure it will work; just try and wiggle the bulb loose while laying on your back where the drivers feet are supposed to be ;)
I haven't actually done anything to the engine but look at what cams it has due to lack off time and amount off work in the shopc:(
But I'll make some time soon...hopefully :chuckle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.