GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think chillyflyer on here fitted his, he bought one from Courtesy Parts in the States and fitted it himself.
Ah, already spoken with him, Sly fitted it. It looks fairly straightforward but just wondered if there are any gotchas to look out for.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Mine is booked for changing the ABS pump on Monday. But had a look trying to find out if I could do it myself earlier and it seems very simple, only thing that put me off was how it was bled.

So any pointers, would be much appreciated?
I have the Ecutek cable so all calibrations that is necessary can be done.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Oh and I had just changed the bake fluid before the ABS pump failed. So would be nice to minimize the bleeding as much as possible. The Castrol SRF isn't cheap, I would guess you only bleed the ABS pump itself and not the whole system.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and I had just changed the bake fluid before the ABS pump failed. So would be nice to minimize the bleeding as much as possible. The Castrol SRF isn't cheap, I would guess you only bleed the ABS pump itself and not the whole system.
Strange, mine failed after a fluid change. (17000 miles)
Bleeding is simple, I capped all the lines prior to removal and bled the pump. The peddle was solid without needing to do the whole system.
I bought a new pump but found a place that reconditions the pump for £250 with warranty.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Strange indeed that both failed after fluid change, mine is a MY10 for info.

Thank you for some great info, in my case the insurance will most likely cover it. We'll see what the shop finds out and what they tell the insurance company. If insurance doesn't cover it then I will fix it myself.

I am located in Sweden, if anyone is thinking about what the insurance cover.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I got the C1111 fault code two weeks prior to the brake fluid change but cleared it without any issues. But after changing the brake fluid the fault code, when cleared, popped right back.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I bit the bullet and bought a new unit as the recon takes one to two weeks. If anyone needs a core pump for recon (they offer a lifetime warranty!) and not be without your car for a couple of weeks, let me know. New price is £1200.
£100 (fits all R35s)

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Abs replacement unit

i bit the bullet and bought a new unit as the recon takes one to two weeks. If anyone needs a core pump for recon (they offer a lifetime warranty!) and not be without your car for a couple of weeks, let me know. New price is £1200.
£100 (fits all r35s)
i got a replacement unit from the states had to supply proof of ownership for some reason.. Its a straight forward job, you must remove the wheel arch cover to get at 3 12mm nuts which holds the bracket for the abs unit, after replacement the following codes may appear.
C 1160---yaw rate
c1162----pressure sensor
c1144----steering angle sensor
c1193-----valve calibration

the above codes cant be cleared using cobb, maybe ecuteck can be used, i used consult 3 plus, the manual states bleeding is done at the brake units

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
The codes will most likely be cleared after the calibration of the sensors has been completed and Ecutek can be used to calibrate the various sensors.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Codes and ecuteck

The codes will most likely be cleared after the calibration of the sensors has been completed and Ecutek can be used to calibrate the various sensors.

Hi MCZ YOU ARE CORRECT I USED THE ECUTECK AND THE CODES WERE CLEARED AFTER CALIBRATION

1 - 14 of 14 Posts