GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bit of a problem with my brakes, we're removed the ABS completely, a line now comes out of the master cylinder into a T piece, from that a line goes into each front caliper, another line comes out of the master cylinder into the connector block for the rear brakes on the front offside chassis leg, (just below the master cylinder).

We've bled the brakes, (twice), but still only the front brakes lock up, on the ramp with the car on wheelfree bars the rear wheels will lock enough so that you cannot turn them but out on the road they will not lock up no matter how hard you stand on the brake pedal.

It's as if it needs some sort of brake compensator, but I was told it was part of the master cylinder?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers
Alex B

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
a good brake bias should be with the front wheels just locked you should just be able to turn the rears this is a good dry set up, for the wet you need slightly more back back brakes!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the rear wheels on non ABS cars lock up, I've been talking to a mate tonight with a '33 GTST and he said his rear wheels don't lock up either? (his car is non ABS from standard).

Alex B

·
Registered
242 Posts
with a correctly blead system you should be able to lock the rears when travelling, then braking hard (weight transfer). if this is not happening you still have air in the system, or a leak in the master cylinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts