GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

There was a thread with a lot of speculation about how much power my car put out (people didn't believe that it was putting out the 548rwhp I dynoed it to on a Dynojet @ 16psi).

At the suggestion of a member I tried to take a 30-130mph acceleration run and video it. Since my speedo is in km/h I figured around 50km/h to 210km/h. I know I made it to 200, maybe a bit past, but not sure if I hit 210 (you can be the judge). Also keep in mind I was holding my phone with my right hand while driving and shifting w/ my left (its new to me, since being in Canada and also hand is recovering from torn muscles so I can't shift really fast). Tonight was a very hot and humid/muggy night so it was taking away some performance.

Here is the video. It's in mp4 format so you'll need quicktime.

http://autodome.ca/highline/r32 gtr/accel.avi

Here is a pic of the speedo for reference points.

http://autodome.ca/highline/R32 GTR/510-06_GTR_(14).jpg

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Good old VLC Media player plays it as an avi..

Yes mate, i know how hard it is to get good vids whilst driving :)

Think i counted it right, looks to be around 12.5 secs?

Compare that to some of the times on this chart

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats the chart that was posted in my dyno thread.

Basically I started acceleration at around 5500rpm in 1st (you can tell, boost hits right away) and at around 7200 I stopped accelerating (cruised for maybe a second then slowed down). By my counting I got around a mid 11, although I could just be wanting to see faster times because it's my own car :p

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
People are probably forgetting the vast ocean of difference that can occur between SAE & DIN horsepower, if it were a hot day I can believe it made 540+ SAE power, but that is near uncomparible to euro corrected DIN power.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Sorry,but no way that this car is near 540rwhp,i would say near 400rwhp maybe,your speedo will go around 10-15km wrong(shows more then your driving,so you need to make it from around 50-225km to have a "true" time,)then you will see where you are.

regards
Alex

ps:get yourself a good camera and a holding bracket for the car/window,then try it again:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trust me, that video may be deceiving, but there is no way in hell this car is only pushing 400rwhp. Also, remember my car was done on a Dynojet, not a dynapac or dyno dynamics like you guys have out there, and also mine is rear wheel hp, not all wheel. Another member on the board here even said his car with around 500at the wheels was doing the 30mph-130mph in about 13 seconds which seems on par with mine. With 400rwhp I wouldn't be able to absolutely destroy my buddies DB9, beat Vipers etc. I've also owned these types of cars as well (2 Vipers, Lotus V8 TT, F355 etc.) and the GTR would absolutely destroy all of them.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The problem people had Sushtsi was not with the car pushing out the power but was with the reading of boost vs rwhp vs rpm that didn't add up with physics of the RB26 engine etc. We only said that for that boost and engine size that 550rwhp wasn't correct and that either the wheels were slipping on the dyno, rpm or the boost reading was wrong. I reckoned at the time that the car should with all inputs etc be pushing 440rwhp.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
skyline69_uk said:
The problem people had Sushtsi was not with the car pushing out the power but was with the reading of boost vs rwhp vs rpm that didn't add up with physics of the RB26 engine etc. We only said that for that boost and engine size that 550rwhp wasn't correct and that either the wheels were slipping on the dyno, rpm or the boost reading was wrong. I reckoned at the time that the car should with all inputs etc be pushing 440rwhp.
Based off of UK dynos I wouldn't dispute the 440rwhp, generally they read about 20% lower than dynojet figures, which would make mine around 528rwhp on a dynojet, which seems right.

Also, take note of how my car spools, I don't hit full boost until around 5300-5500, usually 2530/40's spool up a lot faster than that which still makes me think I have bigger turbos than the 2540's.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, for comparison. A friends R32 GTR on another dynojet with M's intake, trust exhaust, hks piping and hks ssq bov (no boost controller) did 292rwhp. How does that compare to the UK dyno figures?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
sushtsi said:
Also, take note of how my car spools, I don't hit full boost until around 5300-5500, usually 2530/40's spool up a lot faster than that which still makes me think I have bigger turbos than the 2540's.
I dont understand how you can cope with something so disgracefully laggy! :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AJFleming said:
I dont understand how you can cope with something so disgracefully laggy! :p
LOL, well the good part is it ensures that I drive civilized around town. Luckily I don't drive the car on a daily basis, maybe once a week or so; It's more of a fun weekend car for shits and giggles

·
Registered
630 Posts
Considering your conservative use of revs & gearshift ;) I think your car looks on a par with mine at about 550-600bhp (UK :D) ATF / 450-500ATW

Anyone else want to do a 30-130mph (50-210kmh) in their Skyline for comparison?

Rog :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
OK - you guys want to see lag? :runaway:

2.6l T78-33D 1.2bar 8500rpm 575bhp(UK)ATF 480bhp(UK)ATW

Obviously it was wet, uphill and I wasn't really trying, but you get the gist :D

http://www.rog.me.uk/30-130.wmv

Rog :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Admiral said:
Considering your conservative use of revs & gearshift ;) I think your car looks on a par with mine at about 550-600bhp (UK :D) ATF / 450-500ATW

Anyone else want to do a 30-130mph (50-210kmh) in their Skyline for comparison?

Rog :)
That's what I figured. I thought the car was making somewhere around 600-630hp. Last night the car felt slower than normal due to the extreme humidity (With humidity it was 35c when I did the video). Right now we are getting a major storm/rain, so hopefully tonight the air will be crisp and cool.

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
sushtsi said:
255/40/17's. Calculated out to be 126.8mph, think I went a tiny bit past 7000 tho, so fairly close to 130mph.
R32 rev counters over-read. 7000 on mine is more like 6600rpm and 8000rpm about 7500rpm. That said, you probably still weren't too far off if it was 7200rpm with 17s. About 125mph at a rough guess. Out of interest, how long does 160-200km/h in 4th take?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts