1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can see all this and more from your Accessport logs:

STOCK

STAGE 2

The plots I show for stock include just a few WOT runs, lots more in the stage 2 plots which is why they are busier.

There are various ways to present datalogs, this is just one of my favourite views that gives a lot of info at a glance.

AFR reads leaner than reality, 12.0 as stage 2 is a nice low-mid 11s on many aftermarket widebands.

On lift off boost can spike higher, the sensors are before the throttle so read a peak before the dump valves recirculate, this pressure is not entering your engine.

Wastegate duty raises boost above actuator level, dips between 80 and 120 load wastegate in the midrange RPM to control peak boost and rises after the midrange to try to hold boost. As stock it drops to 20% and rises to ~50% at the top, not working hard at all.

Ignition timing drops as the turbo spools and then should rise smoothly as revs increase, particularly after 5500 RPM.

Hints:
- Use latest firmware
- Plan items to log, you can do a second log to include other items
- Freeze panes on Excel helps you to see the column headers when scrolling
- Data... autofilter on Excel and then throttle position >80% helps to filter the high performance areas for charting or review
- Charting - x-y scatter graph with RPM vs other items works well

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh god,ive got mine coming tomorrow! Im a complete tool with computer thingys. Is it that complicated:nervous:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Great post Thistle ! and pleased to see your cat approves of new toy :)

Bigfra no not complicated. Just read all the info in the other accessPORT thread

12 most important info possible relevant to remote tuning:

Ign Advance
RPM
Theo Pulse Width
Load Wastegate
Boost
Wastegate duty
Boost error
Throttle position
Mass airflow B1
Injector Pulse
Air fuel ratio
Vehicle speed

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thistle... any chance of you letting me have that data so that I can play with it in a data visualisation tool I use for my business? I promise to post the pretty pictures I create from it... and will have a chat with the authors about considering producing a special edition "Access Port" version :)

Drop me a PM if you are happy to share the raw data...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How come the wastegate load is over 100%? What is the wastegate load?
Wastegate load is effectively airflow and the units are arbitrary.

Your post arrived in my email, I thought I'd answer anyway :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts