GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the aftermath of someone doing a Uturn in front of you! :mad:

About £6000 damage so probably written off, I`ll put parts for sale if it is.

Steve

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
ick

Steve,

Thats awful dude .. you have my deepest sympathy. I hope you got out an smashed the living crap out of the other driver... :D

A dreadful sight indeed :(

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Have you already had a quote of £6000 for the damage?

From what I can see it looks as if a new bonnet, bumper and offside (or is it nearside - I always get them confused) front panel and it would look as right as rain. Is there damage behind the panels to the engine etc?

·
Registered
97 Posts
HOLY CRAP!

man..........feel sorry for u.....but i do think its close to £6000 damage

from what i can see......
bumper
lights
IC pipes
new wheel maybe wishbone too
bonnet
wing
inner wing coz it looks like its been pushed in

now guessing:-
chassic might be bent
( if im right......turbo and induction are in the left handside ) might get some damage from the inner wing being pushed in
drive-shaft
cross member ( u know.....that thing which looks like a long bar in front of the car behine the bumber........IF a skyline has one....coz scoob does )
steering might be out of line....
chamber and toe angle will need to be done

and er.........OH! new paint! :D

but...........i can be wrong

reason for all my loada crap above coz when my bro crashed the Scoob it only looked like a new bumber, fog lights and head lights and a front radiator......but.....it wasnt and it cost him 4k for fixing it

crap innit :(

LL

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is damage that the picture doesn`t show.

The wheel thats bent is actually pushed back about 10inches out of line and actually presses against the innerwing stopping the wheel rotating. The track Rod arm is a perect `L` shape instead of being straight. Basically the wheel took the whole impact. The wheel turns out now with the steering wheel straight.

I`ve been told by all the tuners etc... that the damage will be to subframe, all suspension components,front cross member. Also the front bumper is £600+VAT and the rest of the parts come to £3500 excluding the wheel and tyre. Labour is about £2000.

Steve

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bummer!

Steve,

I now can see for myself mate what we have been discussing, and i am gutted for you pal...:(

Look on the bright side! as long as you are o.k as cars are just bits of metal....:cool:

Will send you a PM soon..

take Care

Stu

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Re: Bummer!

R32BigSly said:
Look on the bright side! as long as you are o.k as cars are just bits of metal....:cool:
Noooooo they are not just bits of metal ... How could a skyliner say such a thing!? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss:mad:confused:

Theres nothing worse than seeing a skyline thats been thumped, i sholud know mines been hit on the passenger door and the looks you get change from:D a skyline to:eek: ouch!!!

Have you had any news on the repairs yet as i am trying to find a place to get panels for mine(nearside as well) ive been quoted £500 for a door, £300 for a wing and £120 for a sill plus nerly £300 import duty. Just waiting to hear from my local nissan dealer

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car is a write-off! gonna cost £7000+ to repair. I can swap parts for people but I`ll need something to exchange them back onto the car with.

Next motor is a GTR!

Steve

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
hey steve ,was that a large intercooler, tellu what give me a quick call 01189672188. need to chat m8

·
Registered
961 Posts
parts for people

ill give you my manager and freind carl for the intercooler!!:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought you told me you had gotten rid of the car now.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not yet, the insurance company are coming to collect the car anytime now.

Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts